He has outgrown the Nautilus :(

Notaclue

DS has been using the Turbo most of the time for probably 2 months or so. Over Thanksgiving though we had a 5 hour trip, so I opted to put him back in the Nautilus for the trip. He was fine in it in the house, but in the car he is just a TINY bit above the top slots. :eek::( Looks like he's going to be full time boostered from now on.

ADS

TerisBoys

Is the Nautilus in recline mode in the car? If so, switching to to upright might buy just a bit more room if you're travelling more this season.

Notaclue

I havent' measured his torso, but I will try to measure it later. It actually is reclined in the van because if not, he has crazy head flop issues, but he also complained it was squishing him across his shoulders so either way, I think we are done. He's a skinny kid, so I didn;t expect the shoulders to be too tight for him. Luckily we won't be traveling any more during the busy holiday season. The Turbo fits him great, but I would rather have a more substantial booster I think for full time.

abacus2

Harnessed til 6.5 is great. My oldest outgrew the Nautilus by weight just before age 5 and by height within a few months after that. Does he sit well in a booster? If so, I wouldn't be concerned, a booster is completely appropriate at his age and size.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC