What do you think about the Evenflo Symphony?

Kobain's Mommy

Today my mom and I were at Burlington. She saw an Evenflo Symphony and seamed to take to the seat. Right now LO is in an Evenflo Titan in her car and he hates it. She drives an 03 PT Cruiser. LO seems to be kinda picky with seats. He'll whine when being buckled in his seat (aside of the Titan) but once buckled he's fine. The Titan he pretty much cries till he falls asleep. His other seats are a MR or bucket in my car, CA65 in DH's truck, MA in my dad's truck, and the Titan in my mom's car.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Not a bad seat. I don't care for the latch setup. I did find one car that to went in smooth with latch. It was amazing. In my Malibu, the latch sucks.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's short in all modes, but it does them all decently. It'll get tall kids to 18 months to two years rear facing. Shorter kids will go to about three. Forward facing it'll get kids to four or five harnessed. Then as a high back booster it fits well, but it'll be outgrown around seven to nine years (Piper has probably outgrown it). So not bad, but there are better rear, forward, and boosters.

I can't stand the Sure LATCH, but with a seatbelt it's a breeze.

Wendy

Kobain's Mommy

Thanks! I'll tell her if she wants it to get it then. I was all about Gracos till I found this site. Now I'm brantching out.

amyd

It's okay, IME. Not my fav & I wouldn't probably recommend it if someone asked, but I've never had too many issues with installation. I don't particularly care for the SureLATCH either. It's also got a ridiculously low RFing weight limit in Canada, which colours my judgment of it a bit. Here at least, one can do better for the money than a Symphony, but I wouldn't have any issue with my child riding in one if that's what my mom wanted for her vehicle.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
DD4 is RF in ours. She is 32.5-33lb dressed and has a 13.5" torso. She is close to the 1" but not close enough for me to turn her yet.

It fits DS really well with or without the insert and I have used it in a pinch as a booster with DD2 (7yo).

I really like it!

The LATCH is a bit strange, but gives me a great install in my van (with a noodle as my seats are super slanty) Without a noodle I am at like 20*!

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Eh, okay seat. I'm also not a fan of the SureLATCH. And I don't like the fact that the seat just seems bulky and heavy. (Just in terms of seat weight, the Symphony 65 is something like 6 or 7 lbs heavier than a MR65, if I remember correctly...but then it's lighter than the MA70...so I guess it depends on what you're comparing to.) It just always feels to me like it takes up more space than it needs to.

But it's an okay seat.

Kobain's Mommy

Well he had a compleat meltdown in the Titan today. I told her I think it's time to go get the seat she wants. He was sleeping in the stroller and I had to wake him up to put him in the seat from "hell" as he sees it. He screamed the whole car ride. Then he was so worked up he cried for the next hour after getting out of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC