Girly SmartSeat Graco

ADS

kitkatkc

GAH! WHY???
Every time I commit and buy a new seat, something else comes out that I didn't even know about!
I JUST bought a MyRide, isn't even delivered yet! Should I have waited for this?

autumnlily

Super cute! Seriously, even my husband was impressed. I told him the concept of the seat and he said, "hmm, might be worth having another kid"... he was completely joking as he has already been neutered. :rolleyes:

carseatfreak

Am I reading it correct that it has a detachable stay in car base? So can you detach the actual seat part like an infant seat?

Ahh...forget it...I found the blog and such on the seat. Looks AWESOME!

Last edited:

ctbcleveland

GAH! WHY???
Every time I commit and buy a new seat, something else comes out that I didn't even know about!
I JUST bought a MyRide, isn't even delivered yet! Should I have waited for this?

I wouldn't sweat it. This seat will be double the cost of your MyRides. We don't know alot about how the final base will be designed, but the initial prototypes showed a very steep recline for RF - like the way an infant lies in a seat.

Evolily

Am I reading it correct that it has a detachable stay in car base? So can you detach the actual seat part like an infant seat?

Yes... but... the thing is suppose to be insanely heavy. However it will be the first convertible IIRC that can RF and FF on the base (the Orbit can RF, but I don't think it can FF with the base).

love-pink

cute cute cute! i was really wanting one of these but i think it might just be too wide :( cant wait to see other posters pictures when it comes out though!!

louisandheather

I like the concept overall and wonder how tall the slots will be. Hopefully they will come down on that price a bit once it is released.

amelia222

I like that cover. Not too sure I'm convinced on the seat though, but I'm excited to see some reviews once it comes out. Now to see if they can figure out a way to do a boyish cover that's not 99% grey...

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
I still don't like using a detachable base with a FF heavier kiddo. It just doesn't 'settle' with me. I don't think I'd ever buy this seat.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I'll never have a use for that myself but it looks pretty cool. I'd like to get my hands on one to PLAY! :D

fyrfightermomma

How does the booster part work? :confused: It looks like a convertible and so reclined. I don't see how it would be a booster or guides or anything

Polola0628

I still don't like using a detachable base with a FF heavier kiddo. It just doesn't 'settle' with me. I don't think I'd ever buy this seat.

Same here. Something about it just doesn't sit well with me.

And with how much I fiddle with my installs (for fun, because I know I can get them back in safely also) it doesn't serve a good purpose with me.

Re-installing a seat isn't a big deal for me. I can see where it would be for other parents, but I see it being an easier way for parents to turn their kids FFing at 1y20lbs, kwim? *Oh- just a push of a button and Johnny will be FFing because his legs must be so cramped and he can't see ANYTHING and he's -gasp-lonely!!* I can see it now...

TerisBoys

My fear in booster mode is the sheer weight of the seat - even if part of that 33# is base, the seat itself looks rather hefty.

I mean, the Nauti is heavy enough - and this seat is supposed to be even heavier?

MANDY1234

I totally am mad that it isn't available for pre-order!!! I would have ordered it today lol I am so excited for Mya to get a new seat...maybe I'll order 2 and tell DH it was BYGO :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC