Pre-school children in dog poo protest

ADS

Melizerd

'An old woman could slip on a piece of dog poo and break her leg', they remind passers-by."

Lol that one is good. Hopefully they get it cleaned up.

TheRealMacGyver

I hope they wore some sort of protection. i.e. rubber gloves

Not so sure I would want my child sticking signs in poop. Seems like there may (just maybe) be a more effective way to tackle this problem.

broken4u05

It is kinda funny but i do not know if i would want a preschooler so do this. And i hope they talked to their parents first.

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't want my kids to do that (well, if they were wearing gloves and face masks maybe):p But it's very creative.

mominabigtruck

It reminds me of when I was in elementary school and on fridays after the jr high football game the night before we had to go out and pick up trash off of the football field. Even then as a child I thought that was wrong, but if it was today and I found out the school was using my kid as free labor, heads would roll.:twocents:

lovinwaves

I like the idea!

Ugh, this is such a sore subject with me. I am seriously going to rant here:

Would my neighbors KINDLY keep their dogs in THEIR yard. I dont' want doo doo in MY yard. If I wanted doo doo in MY yard I would have a dog!!!!!!

:soapbox:

Ok, done with my rant...Thanks for listening :)

southpawboston

i found it ironic and somewhat funny that the swedish news website allows use of the word "sh*t", and that's what the article was about :p

i wonder if it had an impact on people...

i agree with others that it might not be appropriate to allow pre-schoolers to get that close to the offending matter. plus when the doo-doo does eventually decompose and disappear, each "dump" site will remain littered with a sad little fallen sign that no one pays any attention to... yet more litter that someone has to clean up.

southpawboston

heh, just because the whole article was about doo-doo. it just struck me, that's all. i think ironic was the wrong word... it was just funny to read the word "sh*t" over and over in a news article about preschoolers and dog-doo. when you think about kids and preschoolers you tend to avoid that word and i found it funny that the teachers were quoted as using that word...

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member

Would my neighbors KINDLY keep their dogs in THEIR yard. I dont' want doo doo in MY yard. If I wanted doo doo in MY yard I would have a dog!!!!!!

LOL! I could have said the same thing. Not only that, but they let their dogs loose on trash day and then the whole neighborhood is full of trash that the dogs pull out of the trash can:mad:

MySillyKids

i found it ironic and somewhat funny that the swedish news website allows use of the word "sh*t", and that's what the article was about :p

I was going to say the SAME thing. I almost couldnt believe my eyes when she said

"Nearly every day when I am out with the children, I have to say: 'Look out for the dog sh*t'," Johnsson told The Local.

Uh why would she say that to the children anyways? Doo-doo not good enough?

lovinwaves

LOL! I could have said the same thing. Not only that, but they let their dogs loose on trash day and then the whole neighborhood is full of trash that the dogs pull out of the trash can:mad:

Oh, don't even get me started on the mysterious trash that ends up in our yard :thumbsdown: I seriously just can't get over how disrespective people are. It is mind-boggling to me. :dizzy: I wish my parents would have prepared me better for that...

southpawboston

Oh, don't even get me started on the mysterious trash that ends up in our yard :thumbsdown: I seriously just can't get over how disrespective people are. It is mind-boggling to me. :dizzy: I wish my parents would have prepared me better for that...

and i thought this stuff only happens in congested cities... i guess not!

Last edited:

Erika Ruth

It isn't a bad word there. It is like Poop here. Really, it just describes animal poop. It isn't any more harsh than dang. (not vulgar in anyway).

(Learned this while in Norway!)

Erika

JaRylan

heh, just because the whole article was about doo-doo. it just struck me, that's all. i think ironic was the wrong word... it was just funny to read the word "sh*t" over and over in a news article about preschoolers and dog-doo. when you think about kids and preschoolers you tend to avoid that word and i found it funny that the teachers were quoted as using that word...

It shocked me too. I still can't believe it when I hear someone say it on tv. Of course when I swear I'm usually pretty careful about whose ears might be around to hear me, lol. Then there is a friend of mine who said she was SOL ("poop" out of luck), her little girl asked what SOL meant and the explanation she gave her was that it meant "Soooooo out of luck". Now her 5 year old walks around saying (with emphasis in all the right spots) that she is "SOL.....sooooo out of luck." Still makes your head turn when you hear the SOL.

beeman

I like the idea!

You could fork the dog owners lawn. You go out and get a whole bunch of plastic forks and stick them in the ground all over their lawn (it's best to do this when their not home, and if you're worried about trespassing just do the 4 feet from the edge of the street, cuz then it's the municipalities right of way. At least the doo doo on your yard will rot, but the forks will stay until they actually go out and clean them out :p .

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC