HOw to tactfully mention that ......

U

Unregistered

I have a friend on FB that recently posted a pic to which her child was sitting in a booster, this child is close in age to my 2 yr old....i think maybe she's 2 1/2 or closer to 3. She was in a regular booster & she had fallen asleep & was laying to the side. This is so SCARY to me. I just found your site & find it to be very helpful. I would like to mention my concern to my friend but how do you do that w/o sounding obnoxious? If they got into an accident it would be terrible. I plan on having my 4 yr old & 2 yr old in 5pt harnesses a LONG time. I posted a video on FB about car seat safety hoping that she it will it but it's unlikely b/c they are in the middle of a move. She's very nice & I don't want to sound like a know-it-all but that pic really scares the heck out of me

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Maybe you could send her a link to the Kyle David Miller video and tell her that someone recently shared this with you and you learned a lot from it. You could also tell her that you recently found out that she could get ticketed for having her 2 year old in a booster depending on what state you are in and how the law is written. If you present it as "new to you" knowledge maybe she won't take it as an attack on her parenting. Good luck, I struggle with saying things to my FB friends all the time and some of them have HORRIBLE seat use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC