Pics of ds in his GN Elite

firemomof3

So, for the quest for my favorite ff car seat I found the GN elite. I didn't like the Frontier because it was so reclined and I just didn't like the install :confused: I ruled out the ProSport because of the seat belt install issues. Here is ds in his Radian and then his new GN Elite :love: I was curious to see if the adjustable head wings would make a difference with the head slump "issue" and guess what? DS fell asleep today and NO head slump :eek: I was very excited!

GNelite002.jpg

GNelite001.jpg

GNelite004.jpg

Here is the original GN which is in dh's truck:
merricinseats011.jpg

Here he is in his Radian:
merricinseats007.jpg

ADS

Mae

Cute! Although I admit, it looks like the headrest is too low? Is it covering the harness straps? It kind of looks like it ... :eek:

firemomof3

I still love my Radians and am using them for my daycare kiddos so they can remain rf :thumbsup: But so far I like that the top slots on the GN are taller, there seems to be more crotch room but as he gets older I can see where it might be a problem. I also like how easy it is to tighten the GN, just pull :love: The Radian is a little trickier

firemomof3

Cute! Although I admit, it looks like the headrest is too low? Is it covering the harness straps? It kind of looks like it ... :eek:

I know, it does doesn't it! His shoulders are even with the harness slot and the headrest is just a hair above. So, we'll see how long before I need to move it up. The pic of him in the other GN is after I moved the harness up a slot

jess71903

Ambassador
The only thing that bothers me about the Elite is the stupid harness cover issue. It looks really comfy! I think I want one...

emandbri

He is so cute and it fits him great!

Now I wish I bought an Elite but Elizabeth wanted pink. ;) She does have the head slump when she falls asleep. I admit right now I like my GN better than my radian but that is because Elizabeth can buckle herself in the GN but not the radian. :p I haven't tried the radian XTSL forward facing yet so I don't know if she will have head slump in it or not.

babyherder

Can you put a regular cover on the elite? The elite cover is super soft. But there's only one cover option and its kind of boring.

jess71903

Ambassador
I didn't find anything in my owners manual about having to remove the harness covers :confused:

The harness cover thing baffles me. If you didn't find anything about removing them (and they don't have it stamped on them) then use them! If I get one, I guess I'll break into the box and look at the manual before I buy!

Mae

Thanks :) We tried the nautilus with my daughter but it really seemed that she had more growing room in the Radian 80. Hmmm.....

Did you double check that both harnesses were threaded through the top slot in the *shell* and not just the cover?

It might be the magical "install and you either gain or lose growing room" trick at its finest. ;)

brooklynsmommy

It is right there on the big tag sticking out of the right harness cover that they must be removed at 40lbs. It is the same with MyRide harness covers. The Elite covers fit perfectly on the regular ones. I had the covers switched on mine when I had both and Elite and a regular one. The only thing that is different is that you will have two small holes on the top where the buttons would be.

firemomof3

It is right there on the big tag sticking out of the right harness cover that they must be removed at 40lbs.

Good call! Yes, I just went out to look and it says not use the harness covers after the child is 40lbs :confused: That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard...

emandbri

The Elite covers fit perfectly on the regular ones. I had the covers switched on mine when I had both and Elite and a regular one.

Maybe I can get my mom to buy an Elite and I can trade with her, that is of course assuming she ever plans to replace the seats that were in her car in a crash. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC