I'm buying a booster tomorrow

Splash

I'm actually going to do it. :eek:
I've decided, for now, to get him a TB. I feel weird about it, because it's such a bargain basement seat, but I think it's the best choice. I keep thinking "but I can afford to spend more than $40 on a seat! Buy buy buy!" But the PWSG didn't do a good job on the lap portion for him, and I question my father's usage of it. The ProBooster is what I wanted, but I keep hearing so much of it tipping, that I again hesitate (and I can't see it in stores to help). The Monterey is out for now because the main usage of this seat will be in my dad's truck and there is no LATCH.
So, all told, the TB fits him really well, is an easy seat to use, and I think is a great seat all around. Just so basic when there are so many more nifty options, I feel cheated!
I am floored that my child is old/big enough to safely use a booster.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I know the feeling! But, it really is the best choice for an easy-to-use seat that fits a beginning booster rider well. I love that I can tell my mom and dad to just "make sure the belt is in the red!"

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I completely understand!!! I can't believe my kid, my baby, the original fruit of my loins, rides around in a $25 big lots TB. But it fits her so much better than anything else. I'm sure he'll love it :)

babyherder

I love the TB! Plus it comes in fun patterns. I figure its always a bonus when the right seat for the situation comes in fun patterns.

mlohry

I am a TB lover! I just wish it had latch and it would be the perfect seat and oh, maybe a little taller for the HB my 8 year old is getting almost too tall for it, but fit I have not found 1 yet for a better lap belt fit, it fits both of my boys perfectly. I am going to take a look at the new PKWY SGL when they come out in stores, but I hated the SG, so we will see, I just really want a latchable seat! Wish Graco would read this!

abacus2

The Turbo is a great seat, Graco just gives it away for almost nothing. I have a Parkway, a Vivo, and a Turbo. IMO, all 3 are equally nice.

ETA: I bought my Turbo last of those 3 seats for traveling convenience and ended up using it as a primary seat for a while.

skaterbabs

Honestly, I'm seriously considering a TB for Joy. The only reason I haven't bought one already (besides having two that expire next year) is that the boys outgrew the TB around age 8, and Brat is 7. lol

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I just bought dd a turbo after I bought her a parkway sg a few weeks ago. I just didn't like the fit of the parkway on her AT.ALL. The lap belt and shoulder fit were both off. I wanted to love it. It is nice in so many ways. But the turbo fits beautifully with no fussing and dd is thrilled with the butterflies.:rolleyes:

canadiangie

The TB is a really good booster IMO. I think that Britax looked pretty hard at it when they made their current Parkway (not LATCH'd version). The TB will go down as a classic... :)

Kat_Momof3

I still remember getting all excited when the turbo first came out when Damian was a toddler... being all excited about it because of the adjustable headrest and the shoulder guides... it's had so little redesign and it just keeps proving a good booster for almost every child and vehicle seat... it's definitely a classic staple seat.

Heck, when we had to move Ruthie from the FPSV booster because we realized her shoulders were too narrow for it, I was outright sad that she preferred the Evenflo BK and that it was a slightly better shoulderbelt fit, just because I still felt me all that yummy turbobooster love.

anyway... I say go for it, unless you have the headrests to accomodate an air protect - http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...9-BC027ATK-Boost-Air-Protect-Booster-Car-Seat

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

So what are Charlie's stats these days. DD2 is hovering around 39-40 lbs these days. She turned 5 on 07-07-10. We're going to start booster training on short errands. It scares me a little bit though. :(

arly1983

Yep, will be buying a tb soon as I sell the extra xtsl. The old style parkway didn't fit C as well as I would like. As J got bigger it got a little too tipy.

The TB fits them both very well and it didn't seem as tippy so for 40 or less it seemed like the best spare. I can't belive two of my kiddos are grown enough to have a booster as a spare.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC