why ask

Melizerd

Why do people bother to ask about a seat and then when you give them dimensions (which is what was asked for) they don't bother to believe you? Then this person tried to be sneaky and ask someone else, they didn't want me to know they asked someone else about it.

I totally admit to being knew to car seats and research but I can tell you the dimensions of a seat. If you didn't want to know why ask?!

I just think that people don't believe that a first time mom who's only 24 could POSSIBLY know more then someone older then me. It's frustrating. It's not like they asked a hard question they just wanted to know how big the MA was compared to the Roundabout. When I gave them the dimensions they looked at me like I was a freak since I actually knew.

ADS

broken4u05

Maybe people do not trust people that are young and i think that is dumb. I know more about car seats and baby things than any of my friends and i am only 20. Sorry for the woman it can be annoying

Melizerd

I would trust you over a lot of moms I know. You know tons about seats and you don't even have kids. Age shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I just needed to vent about it.

broken4u05

O venting is ok. We all need to at times. And god most people when talking to me don't think i am 20. When i tell them they are like o yeah ok... Like just because i am young i do not understnad when 5 mins ago they thought i was very smart. Well i hope you feel better

beeman

I've heard this refered to as bottom powdering syndrom. If they were old enough to powder you're bottom when you were a baby, then you know nothing, and they know everything :rolleyes: . Some people get this attitude and the ones who do get it seem to get worse with age. It is really amusing when someone young like us prove them wrong. Try not to let it get to you, and remember they're the dumb ones because they refuse to listen and learn anything.

Melizerd

oh so true, my dad does the "because I'm 50" thing all the time. Age does NOT equal intelligence. I know lots of young intelligent people, and lots of old dumb ones too (lol).

CRS

Senior Community Member
I agree, age has nothing much to do with anything, least of all the measurements of a car seat!

InTheWoods

...Age does NOT equal intelligence. I know lots of young intelligent people, and lots of old dumb ones too (lol).

No, age doesn't equal intelligence, but it equals more life experience. And sometimes that makes up for brains, depending on the issue being discussed.

It can also, unfortunately, adversely influence people into thinking that those who are younger have no useful input.

Sorry the information you provided was passed over. Just know that it's her issue. Not everyone is like her.

Kristin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC