Shower Cap Style Cover on infant seats with bigger babies?

carseatfreak

So...I've searched and read the posts on the shower cap style covers but can't find much info on how they work with bigger babies. I have almost 9 month old twin girls (one is just about to max out her snugride...and then we are hoping to get another inch out of a keyfit to get through the winter...we were in myride's and switched back). Anyways...if I put the little boot that comes with their snugrides they kick them off. Are they going to kick off these shower cap style covers too or do they hang on a bit better? Covering with blankets is proving to be a challenge!

Thanks,
Amanda

ADS

Chila88

My almost 10mos old, 30" daughter is back in a SS1 for the winter and we are using a shower cap cover. She is long so her legs take up lots of room at the bottom of the cover and push it out, but she has never kicked it off. However, I have never seen her trying either.....she's pretty laid back! Because the SS1 is a larger bucket front to back, the cover is pretty tight, so it'd be hard to get off. On a smaller bucket there might be more slack and it might be easier tho???? Not sure if any of that helped....haha. Sorry!

My one beef with bigger babies and shower cap covers would be that their legs push the cover out at the bottom, which pulls it down and makes the opening for their face more level with their chest. My DD can see out still....but just barely. Not a deal breaker, but I'd find that annoying if I were her!

Kobain's Mommy

I've got a 6 month old, he's in the 98% all around. He was in a MyRide but since it got cold I switched him back to a SR32 in my car so I could use a shower cap cover. I got one on Ebay that is fleece on each sides and it seems larger than ones bought in stores. Even with hard soled shoes on he can't kick it off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC