What kind of seat is this?

Baylor

carseat-1.jpg

I have never seen a seat with an adjuster in the harness like that??

ADS

mommy-medic

It's a FFin only combo seat. We have them as program seats. The harness is one long loop (pull on one shoulder strap, the other gets shorter) and thats how you take the slack out of it. It is a bit of a PITB and many parents don't bother to adjust it correctly. Still- it's a decent seat for tight incomes, and that pic looks to be adjusted snugly. :thumbsup: It does make a pretty bad booster though: http://carseatblog.com/865/evenflo-expresschase-as-booster-part-i-combo-seat-series/

nevaehsmommy

I have had two for Nevaeh. I have taken them both back.

I had bought the first one right ater the bucket seat then found out like a week later about RFing.

The second one was bought as a back up seat. I hated the way the seat "popped" when I would install it. I put my knee in the seat and it just made a weird sound.

The adjuster is easy to use once you figure it out. Oh and Nevaeh never did figure how to loosen it but, more then once she made her self to tight and was crying bc of it.

cpsaddict

I actually really like that seat and the harness adjuster. I had it on my older Evenflo Express(precursor to the Chase) and found it super easy to use. I also like that kids can't get the chest clip down.

menfusse

When A was 3, almost 4 our budget was such that we couldn't get a Britax, which at the time had the highest slots of any seat. She was thin, but VERY tall. The Chase fit the bill. It was a 40lbs seat, but the top slot was very tall. Easy to install, and while I was never thrilled with the adjuster (I didn't find it easy to adjust), I felt at least that I had kept my tall kid in a safe harnessed seat. It bought us time to save to get her a Regent.

Keeanh

I actually really like that seat and the harness adjuster. I had it on my older Evenflo Express(precursor to the Chase) and found it super easy to use. I also like that kids can't get the chest clip down.

Had that one too. I remember there being circumstances where the adjuster would force the chest clip too high. Had bad headslump too.

luckyclov

Yep, it's an Evenflo Chase. My oldest (now 8) had one when he moved out of his convertible Triumph many years ago. It didn't have much padding, but I really liked the harness - the adjuster kind of positioned the chest clip so he couldn't fiddle with it. It was also a pretty easy install, via LATCH, and was rock solid in my DH's Nissan Frontier. I gave it to a friend a few years ago...I should probably have her check expiration date, come to think of it.

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
Oh I hate those Evenflo adjusters. I've seen too many kids loosen it because it's so easy, and once at a clinic someone managed to even get one on the top of the chest clip and amyd's husband got to have fun fixing it. That person's little girl used to loosen the harness when she got sleepy so that she could lean over and rest her head on her lap, and mom thought that was the best part of the adjuster. She was shocked when I told her it needed to stay tight.

Kat_Momof3

me, too... and I've never heard of a kid being able to squeeze it hard enough AND pull slack in order to loosen it.

the evenflo express (now chase) is still my favorite 40lb limit inexpensive combo seat... the straps didn't twist anything like the century breverra it replaced.

have know idea what the other one is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC