Success!

Chely7425

So, I had one of those situations arise where you have to say something to someone about their carseat but it might make them mad...

My cousins came to thanksgiving at my parents like always (there are my dad's sister's kids) and they brought their new baby who is like 2.5 months old. They had her in a VERY expired peg infant seat, at best it expired at the end of 2007 based on the cover and style and chest clip. Anyway, I had NO idea how to bring this up to them but today my cousin was on FB so I messaged her and we were talking and I mentioned that I was pretty sure their seat was expired but I had one she could have. So.. I am giving her a brand new MA70. Yes, this means I am giving her a way expensive seat but her baby will be safe and yeah... They definitely do NOT have the money for a new easy to install seat, at least this way their baby will be safe and I didn't piss anyone off :)

ADS

Chely7425

I could have given them a Scenera but their daughter rides in 2 or 3 different cars so their seat gets moved around a lot and the MA installs SO easily in pretty much any car... at least I know they will be able to install it right and it most likely won't have any weird car compatibility issues!

cookie123

That's really nice. I probably would have given them something else I had! Or bought something else - maybe a My Ride. But if you weren't using it anyway, well probably would be tempted, too.

Did you give or borrow? Just curious. :)

icnee

That is really sweat of you.
I am glad that she listened and excepted your help.
My family tends to get ticked at me if I try o help.

Chely7425

I really didn't NEED the MA and I got a really good deal on it from a member here so there was no reason to go buy something like a MR. My middle child won't fit in the moo one I have for that long and I have a radian for him and then the moo ma70 will go to my youngest. I figure they need it, I don't and I have it so it isn't going to hurt any... The other seats I have (my spares for my parents cars) just aren't super easy to install. The only other option would be selling the MA70 and then buying her something else but that just seemed too complicated!

I am just giving it to them.. by the time her daughter would outgrow it (in like 4 years) my kids wouldn't fit in it either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC