ethical? what you think?

kitkatkc

So, I posted earlier about my Recaro seat breaking...
Well, two weeks later (and after I had already ordered a new seat, cuz, you know, I can't just wait around...) I finally hear back from them, and lo and behold, they offer to send me a new seat.
The Signo is no longer made, so the lady offered me the option of either the ProSport combo seat or the Convertible ProRide.
Here is the deal- DD is still RF, but we already have two seats for her (well, technically, they are on the way)- a MyRide and a Scenera as a back-up and for travel.
My mom frequently needs to pick up my nieces, though, and only has one seat in her car, and so I was thinking about getting the ProSport from them, and giving it to my mom.
Is this wrong? Should I keep the third seat? I mean, DS will need a new seat sometime in the summer, but since I had so many problems with the Recaro and getting DD in it, and DS is bigger, I wasn't going to get one for DS.

ADS

babyherder

Get whatever you think would be useful and do whatever you want with it. I wouldn't take the seat and let it sit in your garage for 6 years but as long as its being used by someone, somewhere I think its fine.

daycaremom2002

They are offering to replace the broken seat. You can do with it what you want. I would get whichever seat will be used most. If you have replaced seats for you car, then get the seat for you moms car. I don't think there is anything un-ethical about it. They owe you a working seat. They offered either seat, take your pick. :)

mrs_teeee67

They are offering to replace the broken seat. You can do with it what you want. I would get whichever seat will be used most. If you have replaced seats for you car, then get the seat for you moms car. I don't think there is anything un-ethical about it. They owe you a working seat. They offered either seat, take your pick. :)

yep! you're doing absolutely NOTHING wrong taking either choice

kitkatkc

Yeah, that is what I thought, just wanted to make sure I wasn't off base here!
I talked to my mom about it, and she was really grateful- with 5 grandkids and another on the way, she really needs a second seat.
I fear I am slowly becoming a collector of carseats! (Just one bucket seat so far- the chicco, the Recaro, a Marathon, a My Ride, a Scenera, now the ProSport... you would never know I just have 2 kids!)

mommy-medic

I personally don't see anything wrong at all with it.

I ordered a seat last year for about $140. A piece broke on it while it was still under warranty, so they sent me a new one and I returned the broken one. However, in the time since I ordered the seat (a booster) my DD has outgrown the highback part of it. The replacement seat was no longer a practical option for her, we already had a replacement backless in use, and my younger DD is 6 years younger and still RFing in a seat she will probably fit in for many years to come. I sold the replacement seat new in box for less than retail and didn't feel bad about it. I seriously doubt I put the manufacturer in any type of financial pickle by asking them to back the warranty they put on their product either.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I see no problem with what you are considering. In fact, I think giving your mom the seat would be a good thing as it helps her keep her grandchildren properly restrained when in her care. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC