Subaru Hockey Mom Commericial

Evolily

I love the comment on safety at the end.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2sV8PRK9hs"]YouTube - Hockey Mom[/ame]

(I searched to see if this had been posted and did not see any hits)

ADS
Oi the lack of seats.

Have you seen the Toyota commercial w/ the little (big) girl strapped in a MR? She says she's 4 & her dad replies almost. I'm trying to find it. I nearly fell over to see a bigger kid correctly strapped in a MR in the commercial.

Sudsysue

In the shot with them in their jerseys, holding drinks, it looks like the middle one has the shoulder belt behind his back.

Kat_Momof3

Oi the lack of seats.

Have you seen the Toyota commercial w/ the little (big) girl strapped in a MR? She says she's 4 & her dad replies almost. I'm trying to find it. I nearly fell over to see a bigger kid correctly strapped in a MR in the commercial.

I saw that one... had to hit rewind on the dvr and watch it again just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

canadiangie

::jaw on iPhone::

really suburu? You cant spare 60 odd dollars for 3 boosters so that your silly "iihs top pick for safety" can protect the boys who are ironically clad in $1500 worth of hockey gear? That's terrific.

Baylor

I saw this the other day.. As a mom it irritates me.. As a tech it must infuriate some of you.

I wonder if they make them and since seat belt laws can differ from state to state, They just go with the lesser of the regulations?? Or age limits? I don't know.. reaching I guess. I would like to think they are not trying to be so ... dumb..

Kat_Momof3

I just wanted to stick 3 harmony boosters under their bums... which, for the price, would be very doable considering how much the "mom" is supposed to have spent on that car, the gear, the registration for hockey.

BUT... the way the seatbelts fit when they were sleeping (namely, the one on the left), I then wanted to put them in highback boosters... I'd have settled for matching cobalt vivos or a boy-patterned turbo... or (the dream)... SK montereys or Recaro Proboosters (with latch) in a color matching that bright green from their hockey uniforms.

icnee

If they didnt want to have boosters covering their seats then they should have chose older kids.

I hate that they put comercials like this out there cause sure maybe no law is broken but it is not safe and parents that are not familiar with car seat safety and best practicewould not know this they would see the comercial and say see I can do that.

its kinda like the pics on after market product car seat manufactures say dont use with the seat and then you see these products with the car seats and then people think it is ok to do cause it was in th pic.

Keeanh

The shot of them sleeping... anyone wanna say "projectile"? :p

LMAO about the butt cheeks comment.

I think they don't use older kids because then the backseat would look smaller.

Almost off-topic, anyone with kids in hockey want to comment on how much (if any) gear they feel is safe to let kids wear in the car?

WhatAboutPuppy

They didn't have to spend anything... You know there's at least 3 boosters on set parked out in the parking lot!

ETA: but wait, it's a Subaru... You'd be hard pressed to find 3 boosters that would fit. Or at the very least not look so crammed in there!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't watch that commercial. The shot at the end makes me cringe. It wigs me out how unprotected by the belts those kids are. (Boosters, and a mom who enforced staying in position, would be most helpful...)

skaterbabs

Almost off-topic, anyone with kids in hockey want to comment on how much (if any) gear they feel is safe to let kids wear in the car?

No pads at all. In fact, very little hockey gear is safe to wear in the car (ditto for football gear). And they have these one-piece sets now with all the pads and everything already built in, which is great for not losing stuff, but not so great when Hockey Parent has Hockey Player riding to game in his or her gear.

mum2two

DS plays hockey, and I can tell you none of the kids ever wears their jersey after a game (let alone after playing all the games those three boys played), the jersey goes in the hockey bag. So I kind of wonder about the commercial in general and those boys are certainly not in proper position should mom crash.

I do cringe when I see some of the other little guys coming in with their equipment on from the parking lot (these are 4 year olds who should be in harnessed seats, but am sure are in boosters). They are wearing the pants (with the jock underneath), chin pads and chest protector with jersey on top, no way they'd even probably fit well in a booster as the pants add tons of width.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC