I feel guilty

glockchick

For having my almost 3 year old in a Scenera with no EPS foam while his sister rides in a BLVD. I was ok with it while he was RFing but he's too heavy to do that now.

This is in our least used car, but I still feel bad about it. :(

Anyone else have similar issues?

ADS

glockchick

lol, could be.

I took everything but the seats in my Civic out and washed them. I still have one MA to redress and then of course I'll reinstall them all and take the ones out of my car and wash them too. That counts as playing. ;)

It doesn't make any sense to buy anything new now as much as I'd like to. After May, Kaleigh won't need her seats in my Civic or dh's Envoy so CJ will be able to use a MA in the suburban and I'll even have an extra seat. :eek:

Keeanh

For having my almost 3 year old in a Scenera with no EPS foam while his sister rides in a BLVD. I was ok with it while he was RFing but he's too heavy to do that now.

This is in our least used car, but I still feel bad about it. :(

Anyone else have similar issues?

Yeah, I just posted recently about feeling bad for my 2yo who got stuck with a Scenera so 6yo could be stuffed into her TF for a long drive where I expected him to sleep. (He can't sleep properly in his booster).

sunnymw

I was actually talking about my first XTSL that I bought for DS1 and how it was steel reinforced and blah blah blah and high weight and everything... and someone looked at me and said "So which seat do you love more that gets to ride in that one?" :eek:

Baylor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmlEsWP6igU"]YouTube - 000_0033.MOV[/ame]

Apparently it is the same shell as a scenera

ame0312

yes, that video totally convinced me... before i never really trusted a scenera due to their flimsiness... but now both kiddos will have one in the ex's car... thanks again alicia!!!

glockchick

It's a great video, but I'm more concerned about his head smacking back into hard plastic instead of EPS foam on the rebound.

babyherder

I feel bad that I put my babysitting kiddos in a vivo with steel rods and eps foam and my own little bro in nothing. But my little bro is 14 :)eek:) so its not like he fits in anything. And he doesn't need anything. My 4 and 6 year old babysitting kids do need seats. Its not equal, but its what safe for each of them. Stop worrying. All your kids ride safe.

pepsicola

The Scenera has bendy plastic, and as you can see is very strong and bounces back. Sure, the Britax has eps foam, but the shell is very rigid. So who's to say a Scenera isn't just as safe? And actually, since he's forward facing in it, it seems like less of a concern to me.:shrug-shoulders:. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just bought a couple Sceneras from the beginning instead of the $300+ I spent on her first Britaxes.

Baylor

It's a great video, but I'm more concerned about his head smacking back into hard plastic instead of EPS foam on the rebound.

I get that and understand it. I never thought about that.. but I would be concerned about that too. I always look for seats with good head cushioning..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC