Combi Coccoro? ease from stroller to car??

lovemybabies924

i was looking at the combi coccoro but went w/the shuttle instead because It looked like a pain to install w/the kid in the seat when you took it out of the snap n'go u can buy to go with it. also the seat looks small does it fit bigger kids? im wondering if i should get this as a back up seat or if the myride65 is a better deal all around :)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The MyRide will last longer for sure. The Coccoro is a great travel option or option for parents who don't want an infant seat and are willing to buy a larger convertible later to rear-face longer. (I plan on one for this next baby!) But it's not the kind of thing you just pop in and out. I have the Coccoro Flash stroller frame and do intend to use it once in a while, but I'll probably not be re-installing with the baby IN the seat most of the time (though I hear with LATCH it's not too bad to do so in some vehicles.) I am a baby-wearer so I don't really intend to use that functionality TOO often, more for travelling with and the occasional use with cabs and such. :)

Do be aware that the Shuttle fits the Flash EX frame, while the Coccoro fits the Coccoro Flash frame. Different frames, not interchangeable.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... the coccoro isn't meant to be as easy to put in and out as an infant seat... it's meant to be good for small cars, 3-across situations, as well as an alternative for city folk who probably don't own a car and thereby want to skip an infant seat for when they do need taxis, but want something lightweight and portable.

it's also great if you fly, since it goes on a stroller, is lightweight, that sort of thing.

Spam

It isn't as easy as the bucket seat, but I've done it plenty. It installs easy in my vehicles with baby in it. It is awkward to carry, but it fits in shopping cart baskets and takes up less space than my bucket there. I prefer to use my bucket, it is much easier. I just bought the coccoro flash and it isn't here yet, so I haven't got to try it with that, but for occasional uninstalling reinstalling it isn't bad, not something I enjoy every day. The MyRide will last a lot longer and I will replace my cco when it's outgrown with a Myride.

lovemybabies924

i had the stroller frame for the shuttle but returned it and got a cosmo off craigslist for half price :)

sounds like im getting a myride!! i was only gonna get a myride..but baby is due in january and its too cold to go from the car to the house w/out the carseat

aeormsby

The myride is also a convertible seat. If you want something you can carry in the house with you the most recommended infant seats are the Safety 1st Onboard, Chicco Keyfit & Graco Snugride (with the higher weight limits).

lovemybabies924

The myride is also a convertible seat. If you want something you can carry in the house with you the most recommended infant seats are the Safety 1st Onboard, Chicco Keyfit & Graco Snugride (with the higher weight limits).

i already have a combi shuttle :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC