Seen a TV commercial

birdflippin'

Last night while watching the CTV national news I seen a commercial that started off with a assembly line of car seats. They were being shrink wrapped then stamped. It followed with a "Car seats expire" line. It went on to talk about sugary drinks leading to childhood obesity. I didn't catch what government department put out the commercial, just caught the Canada logo at the very end. Wish I could find the commercial:eek:

ADS

canadiangie

I've seen it. It's a health Canada commercial iirc. It shows an assembly line of new peg seats being stamped with an expiry date. It encourages parents to go to xyz site for more helpful hints about healthy and safe parenting.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I saw the commercial this afternoon. :thumbsup: I'm across the border in the U.S. but get CBC on cable and sometimes via over the air antenna. The kids and I were watching figure skating on CBC (and decompressing after watching our favorite college football team lose :whistle:).

tam_shops

And, isn't that the old 20# peg, that actually would not yet be expired? Isn't that Rubino red, went w/ my 2006 stroller? LOL

The newer ones, mid 2006 had SIP, right? And, they are stamping 2015 expiration on them...

I know the point is to get people to go and look at their car seats! Just thought it was funny to see my (not yet) expired seat there! :whistle:

tam

canadiangie

And, isn't that the old 20# peg, that actually would not yet be expired? Isn't that Rubino red, went w/ my 2006 stroller? LOL

The newer ones, mid 2006 had SIP, right? And, they are stamping 2015 expiration on them...

I know the point is to get people to go and look at their car seats! Just thought it was funny to see my (not yet) expired seat there! :whistle:

tam

there's a new peg seat that has no headwings. Could be that they're using one of them. Not sure if it comes in red tho. I just thought it was funny they used a seat that happens to have the shortest lifespan. :p

tam_shops

I loved that they used a car seat that has a 5yr lifespan! LOL I'd have loved it more if they used actual expired car seats in the shot, ie 3pt harness &/or OH shields, that kind of thing...

THIS is the only peg seat I've seen around since the 20# bucket, but you're right, that seat does look a bit bigger than my old 20# bucket. I loved how light that bucket was...

tam

tam_shops

I know the new ones aren't the old 2006 (prior) were little light things that only went to 20#s. They had a slightly taller shell than the 22# Gracos at that time...With both my boys, I used the 20# bucket, then went to the 30SS, what a difference in size (width) & weight that was!

I've lifted the new Peg buckets, not so light! LOL And, what's the point of a seat that is bigger/heavier if it still only goes to 22#s!? Bad design or compliance for weight imho.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC