Question New MA

tam_shops

I sat ds in the new MA today. Just curious. I don't get it, why'd they make it so short a 4 1/2 YO on the 10% for height & like 38#s, would be too tall for it. What's the point of 40#s if a kid can't sit in it RF? His head was close to if not over the 1" sitting in the store straight up of course.

In the old MA, he recently moved to the top harness slot & certainly had space above the head. In the RN, he's 2nd from the top RF & has plenty of space & #s. I'm sure he'll outgrow it w/ the 1" above his head before weight. Really, as soon as YDS gets to 30#s in the 2009 MA, he'll have to go in it anyway, both should be in the next year, or so...

I *get* that they wanted to make it easier to RF, actually, I don't get that, my dh is 6ft2" & the MA fits no problem w/ my seat all the way back...But, couldn't they have made the RA smaller/shorter so *that* fit better RF & people in magic super small cars could use that for the RF period & upgrade to the Frontier when the time came, which for most people is when DC#2+ come along....?

tam

ADS

Anjer

I haven't seen the new ones in person yet, but I think this has been a common complaint. The shell height is shorter, so it shortens the useful life of the seat from a height perspective even though they increased the weight limit for RFing. It really is too bad, because even with all the other new and fancy seats on the market the old MA was/is still my fave seat from a comfort and ease of use perspective.

It was really a bad decision on Britax's part. sigh...

Anjer
CRST - ON

tam_shops

Anjer, yep, thought Britax *had* to do something about the FF strength of the seat...but, no point in 40#s if a kid on the 10% that's not 40#s can't still RF in it...May as well have left them at 35#s. Though, I guess, it's not what *is* that sells things, it's what people think *is*. People want to hear the high ERF #s, but how many people really ERF their 3YO? I think if I draw my guy's % to 50% across the grid, he's 2 1/2YO, don't quote me it could be 3YO, pretty sure it's not though b/c he's the shortest in his 4YO preschool class & he's turning 5 in Jan, the rest of the kids are turning 4 in the next couple months, or just did...

I read several of the threads about it when it first came out, but it's only just now out at our TRU...they were clearing out the old MA before bringing this one in...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC