New Maestro Cover - super girly!

ADS

autumnlily

Not yet. I will try to find out for you if it will be in store, ok?

Sounds great!

BTW, I will be seeing the two co-workers and ask them about the Probooster. I have it on my agenda to call Jessica for a seat trade.. hopefully this weekend.

pepsicola

I hope it looks as nice in real life. When my daughter outgrows her ra50 rear facing I think we'll get her another Maestro and put the Ra50 in my mom's car. I like the one we have (Culver?) but this brown one would match my car better. Not that it matters...lol.

Splash

They (all of them) really need to STOP making tan and brown seats unless they change the color of the plastic. The cover itself is fine, but disgusting on a grey seat.

mlohry

Man that seat is cheap, that's crazy. Is it really all it's cracked up to be? I have never seen one in person.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Man that seat is cheap, that's crazy. Is it really all it's cracked up to be? I have never seen one in person.

It's a good forward-facing seat with a nice high harness (almost all kids will actually make it to 50# in the seat). Padding is decent. The straps are set close together, which bothers some kids and others don't care. It does a good job positioning belts as a booster, but it is a very short booster and is outgrown by height as a booster shortly after being outgrown by height as a harnessed seat.

autumnlily

It's a good forward-facing seat with a nice high harness (almost all kids will actually make it to 50# in the seat). Padding is decent. The straps are set close together, which bothers some kids and others don't care. It does a good job positioning belts as a booster, but it is a very short booster and is outgrown by height as a booster shortly after being outgrown by height as a harnessed seat.

Very true!

I'd like to add this is a very blanket statement that is applicable in most situations. However, and in every situation you need to evaluate your own kids and vehicle, in our case - my girls are tiny with short torso's (well 2 out of 3) and as soon as they are 40lbs (they will be 6 years old before reaching 40lbs).. they will still have torso height left to stay harnessed. However, I will feel fine using it as a booster (which I can see them easily making it to 8 years old).

I like that the head rest doesn't go up.. it doesn't block my view out the back window (like the Nautilus & Frontier). However, I prefer the ease of the Nautilus and Frontier adjustment (not infinite harness (sliding hip straps).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

It's the same as the Chase/Express seats which have been out (and often recommended, because of the low price and high top slots, but those make awful boosters, this has some extra belt guides that make it a GOOD booster, though short, as Chickabiddy mentioned) for 10+ years, but with a headrest and extra harness slot added (the same scheme Dorel used to make the Alpha Omega Elites taller, so I guess it's legit)

ctbcleveland

They (all of them) really need to STOP making tan and brown seats unless they change the color of the plastic. The cover itself is fine, but disgusting on a grey seat.

:yeahthat:

It bugs the heck out of me to see a Nautilus with a brown cover on a grey seat. I know Stacey and Clinton say that all neutrals go together, but I totally disagree.

cookie123

See this is why it's good to have a gray car interior and buy gray and black seats. This way everything doesn't clash! That is soothing to me!:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Top slot's like 18 inches, comparable to the Nautilus. Yes, thinner than the Apex. Not quite as much leg support or depth as the Nautilus, I don't think, but I don't remember huge leg comfort complaints about the Chase after all these years of recommending it :)

amyd

This. My Flora XT drives me nuts with the tan & brown & grey straps & clip. So much so that I bought a Nitro cover for it instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC