By far the WORST Infant news story... :(

ADS

amy919

That makes me sick to my stomach. She should be stabbed 135 times. There is just no excuse for that. And HOW could her parents have suspected nothing?

What a sad, sad story. Go hug your kids...

Amy

TheRealMacGyver

I'm holding back the rage of words I want to say right now. BUT, how in the h_ll does a parent not know their daughter is pregnant? Am I the fool here or does this just seem impossible? This is terrible.

scatterbunny

It's possible the parents didn't know. I've heard many cases of women being pregnant and not knowing--the actual PREGNANT WOMAN does not realize she is pregnant.

If that can happen, it's certainly possible that parents would not realize a child is pregnant. Being overweight contributes to this, I'm sure.

amy919

It's possible the parents didn't know. I've heard many cases of women being pregnant and not knowing--the actual PREGNANT WOMAN does not realize she is pregnant.

If that can happen, it's certainly possible that parents would not realize a child is pregnant. Being overweight contributes to this, I'm sure.

You're right. The same scenario has happened more times than I care to remember. I went to college for Social Work, so I have firsthand knowledge and experience and understand that mental issues and problems are real.

But as a woman and a mother, my heart goes out to that baby and hearing things like this just infuriates me. That part of me feels little pain for the mother. I want to see her punished. The other (social worker) part of me wants to believe that she can be rehabilitated and I hope she gets the help she needs. I'm sure that even if she is able to be rehabilitated, her life will be ruined by what she has done. The mother part of me thinks that's at least some justification.

Amy

lovinwaves

I'm holding back the rage of words I want to say right now. BUT, how in the h_ll does a parent not know their daughter is pregnant? Am I the fool here or does this just seem impossible? This is terrible.

I use to think the same thing, but now I know of two girls that hid their pregnancy. Well, actually one of them didn't know she herself was pregnant. She went to the ER for pains in her stomach, and that's when they found out she was 9 mths pregnant. Her pains were labor contractions.

The other girl was the daughter of my co-worker. She was 17 at the time, and very small and petite. I saw this girl regularly, and I NEVER thought she was pregnant. Very odd, I know...but it's possible...

lovinwaves

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0413/baby_ap.html

Not carseat related but OMG! eek :( :mad: :( :mad: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

gAW!

You know, before when I would hear stories like this my first thought is, "what an evil evil person, what was she thinking, how could she do this, What a horrible horrible person" But, now my first thoughts are "What caused her to do this? Was she under the influence of anything? Why did she snap? How can we figure out why this happened, and help prevent it in the future?"

My heart goes out to the child(the 17yr old), the baby, and the family and friends all involved. The question is "why" did this mother do this, and how can we help her continue to live her life without feeling in absolute hell?

TheRealMacGyver

Well, I guess it can happen then. It just seems weird to me, but then again, I've never been pregnant:D Still a horrifying nonetheless.

broken4u05

My friend didnt know she was pg till she was having labor pains. She went to the ER because she had very bad stomach pains and they said she was in labor. She was smoking and drinking the whole time and she is like i never belived in god before but if i could of done all that crap and still have a heathly baby there has to be someone looking out for me. I never heard of it before her but it happens. O and my friend is overweight and she doesn't show at all till 8 months and even than you just might think she put on some lbs

LovinMyBabies

That is just awful!!! At our college, on the back of every bathroom stall door is a sign saying you can leave your baby at any hospital, police department, or fire department, ect.... I thought it was a great idea.

MySillyKids

That is just awful!!! At our college, on the back of every bathroom stall door is a sign saying you can leave your baby at any hospital, police department, or fire department, ect.... I thought it was a great idea.

That should be state law. We had a couple of cases here where this was happening at the airport also.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC