Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Can you help find shoes to go with DD's holiday outfit?

*We found shoes! See post #7.*

DD is wearing this GAP sweater/skirt for her Christmas outfit (except her skirt is fuchsia, not red like in the pic).

The stripe in the sweater is sort of creamy, not actually white. Should I find some off-white tights? and what shoes? I was thinking something silver, not glittery, but silver to compliment the grey in the sweater. But there is NOTHING in my city. Seriously. I even went to the junky stores (Wal-Mart, Zellers, Superstore, Sears). Superstore came the closest but the pair that had were only available in baby, so up to size 6. The other stores just had ugly shoes that looked cheap and cheesy, no style at all and nothing in silver anyway.

Pediped has an acceptable pair, but I was thinking she needed something more ballet slipper like, these might be a bit heavy? http://www.pediped.com/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=282 And I am annoyed with their quality. The last 2 pairs we had didn't wear well at all. And they stink when you get them, you have to let them off-gas for at least a week before putting them on your kid!

Help!!!

6pm.com and Zappos don't ship to Canada, so please don't link there. (there is a canada.zappos.com which carries different shoes than the U.S. Zappos but nothing there caught my eye)
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 12-15-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added pic instead of link
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Can you help find shoes to go with DD's holiday outfit?

i'd go with black patent Mary Janes.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

We still pediped here! What about these ? http://www.pediped.com/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=335

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst View Post
    i'd go with black patent Mary Janes.
    Wouldn't shiny, black feet stand out a lot with that outfit? I want the focus to be on the tutu.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRN View Post
    We still pediped here! What about these ? http://www.pediped.com/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=335
    I am hesitant to pay full price for any Pedipeds, the other silver ones were on sale at least. Out of the 2 pairs we bought her this summer, the first had the flowers come all unstitched within a few weeks of barely any wear. They replaced them and the same thing happened with the 2nd pair. The shoes looked trashed after 3 months and wearing just a couple times per week. The other pair, the velcro got very unsticky in less than 2 months and then when she'd run, her shoe would pop open. And the toxic smell...ugh. I was so surprised they smelled so strong of chemicals. So, I guess I'd only break down and get them if it was my only choice and if I they were on sale. They are not worth $52 IMO. I love how flexible they are though and the styles are very cute.

What about a design your own Preshoolians? I was thinking I could do these http://preschoolians.com/dyo.aspx?ParentID=230 and maybe do something with grey, fuschia and the funky leopard print. Make them kind of jazzy and funky so she can wear them after with skinny jeans or leggings.

ETA: frick, stupid Flash won't let me link directly to the shoes. I'll try and get a screenshot to post.

Like this:

It doesn't have to be those colours or in that order, you can choose pretty much any colour for any of the grey, pink or leopard sections. I just whipped up something funky.

ETA: okay, I just talked to Preschoolians and we've had them in the past so I wanted to make sure these weren't as wide in the toe area, and she recommended different styles for DD that wouldn't be as wide. So I think those are out. And of course none of the dressy styles she recommended are available in Design Your Own. And DYO are on sale for 20% off and free shipping right now, and these styles aren't on sale and no free shipping of course!

She recommended any of these:
    http://preschoolians.com/adventure-b...etallic--11440
    http://preschoolians.com/adventure-b...etallic--11572
    http://preschoolians.com/adventure-b...-silver--11587

Anyone think any of those would work? I linked to silver just because that was my first though, but I'm open to other colours.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 11-25-2010 at 04:23 PM.

DD did *not* like leopard print at all. And any of the Preschoolians were not going to make it to Canada by Christmas anyway. Pediped has fast shipping to Canada, so we ended up with these:

DD them. They are pewter (dark silver) metallic which satisfies me because they aren't as dark as black, but better than light silver in the end (thanks to skater for suggesting black, even though I didn't want black, it put me on the right track for a darker shoe). They did *not* stink like glue like the other 2 pairs we got did. They have a rubber piece over the toe so they shouldn't wear horribly like her others. And they have no sewn on flowers or other things that can come off. So, in the end, both DD and I are happy! (and dad, grandma/grandpa and big sis like them too!)