Graco My Ride 50% off at Toys R Us starting Friday!!

selinajean

My mom scored one of the eight seats at the Kamloops store for me! Hooray! I hope that it works for us. Nick is 31-32 pounds and in a TF so I know we may need a new seat some time soon. Now I just have to convince Nick that he needs a new seat, he loves his. Wish me luck.

ADS

tam_shops

Driving me crazy, went & checked my Maestro, it was made in the summer, after the recall. It says to use harness starting at 20#s.

Checked my Radian, just won it, made late summer/early fall, I forget & it's raining, it says FF starting at 22#s. So, they were smart enough to adjust their manual. No idea if they adjusted anything else..

But, if I'm understanding these new rules, the Maestro can not be sold as is. I guess it's a simple enough fix (the manual) & get they wouldn't want to loose business over 2#s but...

In some ways, it's a bit of a shame, not all tall/thin kids make it to 22#s in a carrier, so if you get an imaginary say a 21#18mth old, while of course I agree that ERF is best, they could loose out on EH by buying something like an AO & RF that 1#, then FF (which is what most people do & 99% of my baby group) & then only harness to 14-15", since most people go *over* the height & the kid has outgrown the seat & is still in it (in my experience w/ my playgroup that bought it)...

Instead, they could have bought a Maestro/Nautilus at 18mths or 21#s & EH to at least 47#s & then gone to a booster. kwim?

I know ERF is always safest, but at what line do you draw when it's vs EH?

tam

Keeanh

My mom scored one of the eight seats at the Kamloops store for me! Hooray! I hope that it works for us. Nick is 31-32 pounds and in a TF so I know we may need a new seat some time soon. Now I just have to convince Nick that he needs a new seat, he loves his. Wish me luck.

Oh sweet, way to go Selina's Mom :D. Good luck on the switch! K loves the TF, but I successfully swapped her a Scenera and put E in it for the long trip. She didn't seem to care, but she's a bit younger than Nick. You could tell him he can have it back if he packs on 5lbs, LOL. Okay, yeah, that's not really what you want.

Anjer

Anjer, I'd donate one of my old seats! LOL

tam

lol... tempting! But for very legitimate reasons most organizations around here won't accept used car seats (or strollers) - not even from a tech who can vouch for it's accident-free status. :)

Plus I like my seats - I'm using a Radian XT and a MA for my youngest. I think I still prefer them to the MR over all. ;)

Dh and I usually chose either a local woman's shelter, or a local young moms support centre and make a big donation there around x-mas of toys, diapers, wipes, etc... but this year we'll shave some off that, and add the car seat in.

I'm fighting the urge though to tape ERFing literature to the box of the seat!!! lol...

Cheers!
Anjer ;)

Anjer

What an amazing pre-Christmas present for someone in need. That is an amazingly self-less gesture. :love:

Thanks! But in all honesty we know we don't do enough for those less fortunate than ourselve. We wish we had more time and money to help out more, and I just can't pass up a deal that good in terms of getting good bang for my buck, and hopefully helping someone else out who otherwise might not have been able to afford a decent seat. :eek:

Shanora

As far as I can tell, people are still able to put the MR in their carts and purchase them.....not sure how thats going to work out though.

As for the person who asked how I knew what time. A friend on my FB called a TRU and was told a time. Apparently they were wrong though....lol

Pepse

Thanks! But in all honesty we know we don't do enough for those less fortunate than ourselve. We wish we had more time and money to help out more, and I just can't pass up a deal that good in terms of getting good bang for my buck, and hopefully helping someone else out who otherwise might not have been able to afford a decent seat. :eek:

Hello my friend Anjer, "how u doing" in her best Joey voice

tam_shops

Anjer, what a great idea! I would never have thought to donate a car seat for that. I always do toys & food...We have the same seats! ODS in the Radian XL & YDS in MA both RF. Even after seeing the TC crash tests, I still really prefer the MA...at least for RF! LOL I like the way kids fall into it like a Lazy Boy & the ease of install...Though, now that ODS is in the RN, I like how much easier it'd be to put YDS in it w/ it being lower...

TRU RICHMOND, BC, had several tags for the sale seat left. I didn't check/ask/verify, so phone of course....but if you're looking & wanting a sure try, I'd be phoning them! Couldn't resist checking while I was there! LOL

tam

LittlePeanut

As far as I can tell, people are still able to put the MR in their carts and purchase them.....not sure how thats going to work out though.

Yes it looks like it's just "backordered" not sold out. So you can order it at the sale price but it won't leave the warehouse for 2-4 weeks instead of the few days the others are expected to arrive within. :thumbsup:

That's awesome for those that want the deal but can wait until after xmas for it's arrival.

LittlePeanut

Sorry about that. I wasn't really thinking it was a swap. More a local mama helping another she knows IRL out. No profit being made and not selling used seats. Just passing on the seat if she missed hitting the mall as intended. That's all :)

Kat_Shoshin

Got your Message LittlePeanut - thanks so much - I did miss the sale (My roommate was recovering from a procedure and I couldn't leave her to shop).

I will leave the rest to the PMs and emails - but long story short - thanks so much for seeing the last one and getting it - knowing someone like me would need that seat.

It's going to another family in need of a seat - their little guy has pretty much outgrown his bucket!

Nimommyof2

Hi

Just wanted to let anyone who may still be looking that I got one at the superstore in Calgary and had no problem getting it price matched, it has a blue cover and manu date of July 2010

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
No, just seats coming in to Canada on January 1st or later.

Just like they don't pull cars off lots when standards change, they aren't pulling seats. It's not a recall situation.

Health Canada does have the authority to pull anything from the shelves that does not comply to current standards according to the Hazardous Products Act (that act does not cover cars just CRS's).

Lea_Ontario

Health Canada does have the authority to pull anything from the shelves that does not comply to current standards according to the Hazardous Products Act (that act does not cover cars just CRS's).

Makes perfect sense. Not legal to sell, just legal to use, right ?

I think the current question is - WILL they pull the seats ?

tam_shops

Would the pull them? Wow, that'd be a lot of work! It'd be easier to just tell retailers they can't sell them far enough in advance that they can sell them at a discount...

I've really got to get rid of my spare MA before I can't sell that either...Such a catch 22 b/c it's so nice having a spare seat...

tam

moonlightblonde

OH NO! I wish I would have seen this - if anyone sees any good deals in the next little while for rear facing seats for big toddlers let me know =)

My almost 2.5 yr old has outgrown the scerena rf-ing and I am starting work Monday and want a seat for the sitter. I do NOT want to put her in forward but also don't have 300$ to spend on a seat to use there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC