My enormous child has an infant seat again

fyrfightermomma

And I couldn't be happier! It's much lighter than the SS1 so lugging around his 26 lb butt actually wasn't hard. We used it already today.

He is only on the 3rd from the top setting :eek: This is a kid who outgrew the KF at 2 months and the SS1 at 6. So yeah, the Shuttle is way taller.

However it's pretty narrow. He doesn't seem to mind (and was swaddled until a month ago so I think he likes it) but other chunks may not like it. It doesn't take up much room front to back and I have plenty of room for my seat

The crotch strap is very short and was kind of hard to get the puzzle buckle into (the buckle kept slipping out of my hand) but he did have a full cloth diaper on. But it's something I'll have to live with.

A plus? My shower cap style cover I had fits fine (another post was asking about that). I'll post pics when the kids are in bed. I'll be keeping it and should have no problem getting through winter. I'm very happy. I know infant seats aren't for everyone but I am definitely a bucket seat kinda gal

Alright pics:

Stats are 9 months, 32" and 26.5 lbs. Don't know torso size but he wears a 2T top

Here he is at 2 months in the KF30

101_3032.jpg

101_3035.jpg

Here he is at 6 months in the SS1 when he outgrew it
100_3372.jpg

100_3376.jpg

Shuttle 33
At current setting (3rd from top, so two more to go) in house
DSC_0015.jpg

Kinda narrow (yes my child is terrified of the world)
DSC_0016.jpg

Current setting installed in car: As you can see I have atleast 3 inches between my seat and his seat. My seat is set for me in this pic and I am 5'6". DH should have no problem driving.
DSC_0021.jpg

Highest setting installed in car. How much room do you think he has?
DSC_0023.jpg

Shower cap cover. I just threw it on and didn't straighten it. That's why it looks stupid. If I straightened it, it would look normal :) If fits with room to spare. I have no clue why it's unfocused. Sorry!
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Install was super easy and has a wide range of angles. I like the level indicator for different weights as well! It is super light! We shall see if it's something I will hang on to for the next babe since I've proven to produce brutes

Last edited:
ADS

LuvMyCharlie

And I couldn't be happier! It's much lighter than the SS1 so lugging around his 26 lb butt actually wasn't hard. We used it already today.

Yes it is. Amazing, huh?

He is only on the 3rd from the top setting :eek: This is a kid who outgrew the KF at 2 months and the SS1 at 6. So yeah, the Shuttle is way taller.

We're right behind you on the fourth from top!

However it's pretty narrow. He doesn't seem to mind (and was swaddled until a month ago so I think he likes it) but other chunks may not like it. It doesn't take up much room front to back and I have plenty of room for my seat

The crotch strap is very short and was kind of hard to get the puzzle buckle into (the buckle kept slipping out of my hand) but he did have a full cloth diaper on. But it's something I'll have to live with.

Having the same issue here. Did you take the comfort padding out to see if that made a difference? I haven't yet.

A plus? My shower cap style cover I had fits fine (another post was asking about that). I'll post pics when the kids are in bed. I'll be keeping it and should have no problem getting through winter. I'm very happy. I know infant seats aren't for everyone but I am definitely a bucket seat kinda gal

I'm digging mine too. Would it be my first choice? Umm...no. I love my KF30. But I honestly don't expect that to get her through the winter. And the SS1 is just...well, I dunno. I can't put my finger on why I don't love it.

Are you finding the harness hard to loosen and tighten? Kecia mentioned it in her blog review and mine is super tight. I'm sure it's just the anatomy of the harness routing through the headrest, but I don't really like tugging on the harness so much!

fyrfightermomma

I'm digging mine too. Would it be my first choice? Umm...no. I love my KF30. But I honestly don't expect that to get her through the winter. And the SS1 is just...well, I dunno. I can't put my finger on why I don't love it.

Are you finding the harness hard to loosen and tighten? Kecia mentioned it in her blog review and mine is super tight. I'm sure it's just the anatomy of the harness routing through the headrest, but I don't really like tugging on the harness so much!

Yeah it wouldn't be my first choice, but since the other seats aren't an option, this is it. But I am pleasantly surprised at how much I do like it! KF30 is my favorite by far :)

And yeah, the SS1 was big, heavy and weird to carry. I could barely carry him in it at 6 months and he was only like 20 lbs then. Even DH who likes buckets gave up on the SS1 soon after I did. I had NO issues carrying him today in this at 26 lbs.

Yes, the harness is hard to loosen. I can't quite get the button pressed. But I still had the tags on and things were getting stuck so I'll have to play more when I cut the tags off. I don't remember having a problem tightening it, just loosening it. I'll have to go see though for sure. Hopefully I won't have to adjust it much. I usually don't on my other seats

I still need to play with it a bit more, and hopefully the crotch strap and harness are doable until spring :)

djma

Wow! He has a ton more room!

It does look narrow - but he doesn't look like he minds! He is so cute!!

Spam

Looks great!! I couldn't love the harness adjuster for anything, Tuck's on the opposite end, like two clicks from the bottom when we had it, I hated tugging to get the harness tight. The narrowness reminds me of the babytrend seats, and the puzzle buckle. I didn't love the kf either, I don't know what it was about it. I love my teutonia though, I'm just waiting on my replacement from them so we're using the cco, but I have to uninstall everytime in case I need to ride with someone else while dh is at work, and that kind of sucks since it doesn't really have carrying handles.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Love it! The KF in the OP definitely wasn't outgrown, but it's obvious that the Shuttle has WAY more room!

pepsicola

Oh what a cool car seat! I haven't seen that one before. He actually looks smaller in it. I love that color too. Congrats on your new toy! Lol.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, as much as I despise the buckle and can't figure out how to make it snap into the stroller, next time I meet people who are super tall expecting a baby, this'll be one of my first recommendations :thumbsup: (not that tall people always have tall babies, but gosh, I don't have any other information to go off of, lol)

3acorns4Christy

Love it!!!

That is the only seat that fits perfectly in my double jogger without hogging the other kids spot.

I'm very glad to see it can hold brute babies, as Joel was and I didn't like moving him to a convertable early.

fyrfightermomma

Well, as much as I despise the buckle and can't figure out how to make it snap into the stroller, next time I meet people who are super tall expecting a baby, this'll be one of my first recommendations :thumbsup: (not that tall people always have tall babies, but gosh, I don't have any other information to go off of, lol)

Yeah we are kinda short, we just birth one year olds :whistle: LOL. So even the short ones may need it! After my first being 6 lbs I never imagined the next two being so huge!

I cant remember the last time I put a bucket in a stroller so Im good there :)

menfusse

Um, E would have fit in that bucket a month or two ago. That's pretty nifty. My very tall, and long torso'ed friend and her very tall and long torso'ed DH are TTC, and of course she's come to me for car seat info, lol. This one will be high on the list for sure.

amelia222

That's great! If it were available in Canada I would be tempted to get it for my 18 month old for the winter. She's the same height, and all legs.

Chila88

I'm soooooo glad you found something that worked! We've enjoyed every moment of being back in the bucket in the last week...I totally get your love of the infant seats for the winter!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC