Digital Scrapbooking. Where to start?

skipspin

I really enjoy scrapbooking when I have time, but I've seen a lot of things people have done with digital scrapbooking and I think I might give it a try. I figure it's got to be easier to do with one hand (LOL) and I wouldn't have to get all my stuff out and put it away. (We don't have an extra room to keep it in.

So, how do I start? Can I do it all online without buying software? I;m not sure it exists, but I'd love it if I could add my pictures, design the page, then have it printed and mailed to me all at the same place. Probably too good to be true. LOL.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great.

ADS

ktmo

I am not sure about any on-line sites that you can use to create pages, but I have been using PhotoShop Elements. I got it at Costco for around $100. It is a pretty easy program to learn and use, not too hi-tech. I found a lot of tutorials on-line to help me create pages and elements. I just print the pages off at home on 8.5 x 11 paper. I am not a die hard scrapper who uses 8 x 8 paper. I like it because I can just print off an extra page to give to my in-laws or send a copy through email to my parents. There is a local photoshop in our town, that I take things to get printed. They could print the pages out in larger sizes, if I wanted. I just did my daughter's birth announcement using PSE and had them printed out at the shop in town.

HTH
Katie

southpawboston

if you use a macintosh, you can subscribe to .Mac for $99/year, which gives you online scrapbooking (they call it something else) among other things like server space, newsletter publishing, one-click digital photo processing, and a .Mac email address. basically you create web pages using pre-existing templates and you can also create your own templates with easy to use tools.

there are also probably at least a dozen free online sites that do the same thing (maybe not as slick, or with mandatory ads) for windows users... i would just google "online scrapbooking" and see what comes up.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I don't digital scrapbook, but I do scrapbook. If I did digital scrapbook DS wouldn't have gotten my $13 worth of paper yesterday and crumpled them and thrown them in the garbage with the eggs shells and potatoes I had just peeled to make potato salad ;) Oh, well. Live and learn I guess! I was able to grab them out pretty quick and only one piece was a bit dirty (I just wiped it off) and this morning I ironed out all the creases, it actually didn't turn out too bad ;)

Leila

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC