Carseat Guide from Today's Parent

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I got my new issue of Today's Parent and one of the cover stories is "Carseat guide; What parents must know". It is a take out guide to carseats including the get it right guide to carseats , how to choose, the top 9 car seat mistakes and more, top rated seats and much more. The on-line copy has more in it then the printed copy does. They also included the site for carseatdata.org for a good place to go to help you find a good fit in your vehicle!

Now the question I have is they define a 2in1 seat as a infant to toddler seat. I thought that was a convertable and a 2in1 seat was a FF 5pt harness that converts to a booster :confused:

So what do you all think?

(Also posted in Coffee Break)

ADS

JaRylan

I haven't seen it yet but a friend told me about it after she got her copy in the mail. She thought it looked good, but wants to hear my "expert" oppinion on it.:p Hope I get a chance to see the online version today sometime.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I haven't seen it yet but a friend told me about it after she got her copy in the mail. She thought it looked good, but wants to hear my "expert" oppinion on it.:p Hope I get a chance to see the online version today sometime.

I included the links, just click on the blue underlined sections :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Got that! BTW, how do you do that...put the links in and use your own words???
Just making sure you knew :)

Usually I type what I want to say then where I want the link to go, I highlight the word and then click on the world with a paperclip icon and then insert my link and it goes in the word spot. On your screen you will see the address and what not but if you preview it, it will be the name you gave it like Here, Link etc (<-- those aren't links, I just made them up so you could see what they will appear like!)
You can also go to the world with the paperclip icon, insert your link and type in the word you want to show for the link while it is still highlighted!

Clear as mud :D?

Let me know if you figure it out or if you need more help with it, I guess we should have started a different thread for this . . . hehehe

tiggercat

Interesting, and not too bad. It's kind of neat to hear people I work with a clinics quoted in the article. Hehe.

I do wish it had given a guide as to when different types of seats are outgrown (i.e. FFing when the tips of the ears are above the shell, or shoulders above top harness slots, or weight max). Also, I didn't notice anything urging people to go to a carseat clinic so we can teach them proper use!

Those videos are pretty decent from the few I've watched.

Natalie

smurf

There are mistakes in their car seat guide, the Graco CarGo and Evenflo Generations (FF only seats) are listed under infant/child/boosters, along with the Alpha Omega and the Safety 1st Enspira (which can be used RF and FF). To me that falls into #4 of their 9 most common car seat mistakes people make : Misusing Infant/Child and Infant/Child and booster seats.

Also I'm not sure a Cosco 3-pt infant carrier should be among the "top-rated" seats...

I didn't read the whole thing but hmmm, definitaly some inaccuracies in there. As usual, full of good intentions but falling a bit short, IMO.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
There are mistakes in their car seat guide, the Graco CarGo and Evenflo Generations (FF only seats) are listed under infant/child/boosters, along with the Alpha Omega and the Safety 1st Enspira (which can be used RF and FF). To me that falls into #4 of their 9 most common car seat mistakes people make : Misusing Infant/Child and Infant/Child and booster seats.

Also I'm not sure a Cosco 3-pt infant carrier should be among the "top-rated" seats...

I didn't read the whole thing but hmmm, definitaly some inaccuracies in there. As usual, full of good intentions but falling a bit short, IMO.

Yeah, i'm not too sure they did a very good job describing each stage of seat. They are calling them infant/child and booster seat (combination or 3in1's) it doesn't make sense to group them like that.

As for the cosco arriva 3-point that only scored high for ease of use because it is a 3pt! Why would they even recommend a 3pt?

Also, a 2in1 isn't that 5pt harness that converts to a booster?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Now the question I have is they define a 2in1 seat as a infant to toddler seat. I thought that was a convertable and a 2in1 seat was a FF 5pt harness that converts to a booster :confused:

I haven't read the guide so I can't comment on anything except the way Canada categorise the different types of carseats

infant = infant carrier, rf only
infant/toddler = convertible, rf and ff
infant/toddler/booster = 3-in-1, rf/ff and booster
toddler/booster = carseat/booster combination, ff only
booster = booster

I think that's it. I believe the term 2-in-1, 3-in-1, 4-in-1 are really Cosco's invention to categorise its own seats and they just sort of stuck (or at least I think so :) )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC