I think I found some awesome jackets for car seat use!

zactayaus

I found two jackets at Kohl's. Both look like winter coats but are actually super thin fleece lined wind breaker type jackets. I'm going to do the car seat test tonight (which I can't imagine them not passing) and then pick which one I like better. I'll be keeping one no mater what any way.

Here's a link to the jackets (you would not believe how amazingly thin these are):

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kid...14/ZeroXposur+Spectator+Reversible+Jacket.jsp

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kids/baby/coats/PRD~689524/OSHKOSH+Colorblock+Jacket.jsp

Anyone else pick one up? What do you think?

UPDATE in post #5.:)

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

They look similar to one I had for Sofi when she was 1. I think it got left at ex-boss' house.

I'll have to look at them again this year.

zactayaus

Just wanted to update that these jackets do indeed pass the car seat test for us.:thumbsup: I even gave an extra tug on the harness when he had on the red one. I am extremely pleased with both of them. The blue one seems to me that it'll be a little warmer and is just a smidge thicker but they are both so thin and car seat friendly it's awesome. I've decided to keep them both.:D

msg221

I love the blue one. It would look so cute on Zain, but I just bought that 4 in 1 jacket for him and Nour. But I could get it for Owen, that way I know he will have a car seat safe jacket!! I might wait a few days to see if they e-mail or send anymore 15% off coupons.

zactayaus

I love the blue one. It would look so cute on Zain, but I just bought that 4 in 1 jacket for him and Nour. But I could get it for Owen, that way I know he will have a car seat safe jacket!! I might wait a few days to see if they e-mail or send anymore 15% off coupons.

Yeah, I got mine when they were on sale for 50% off and I had a 30% off coupon. It made them like $14 each.:D

aeormsby

Both of my kids have the lighter weight jackets like the 1st one you posted. I got them on clearance last year. That brand also makes some nice 3-in-1 type jackets where it's the fleece jacket & outer jacket that you can use together or either separate.

WhatAboutPuppy

Both of my kids have the lighter weight jackets like the 1st one you posted. I got them on clearance last year. That brand also makes some nice 3-in-1 type jackets where it's the fleece jacket & outer jacket that you can use together or either separate.

If you did the fleece with outer could you unzip only the outer and harness then zip the outer over the harness? It seems like that would be a way to not let all the cold air in to the torso... which was a complaint Gavin had before I explained to him why it had to be.

zactayaus

Just wanted to let you know they are on sale today and tomorrow for $20 each.

Use code "EXTRA20" to get an additional 20% off. Plus free shipping if you spend over $50.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC