KF30/SS1/S33 comparison with pictures

LuvMyCharlie

DD is 4 months old, 13 lbs. 4 oz. and 26" long. I would say she's slightly longer in the torso than average, but not quite as much as her brother! I marked where the top of her head landed and then measured down from the top of shell with a soft tape measure.

First up is the KF30. She has 2" of growth room left.
5204402678_429af2bf92.jpg

5203803397_73bbdeb364.jpg

Next is the SS1. She has 2.5" of growth room left. This was a little harder to measure because the EPS foam doesn't actually go to the top of the shell, and the shell is a bit curved at the top.
5203802339_d2fd70ff8c.jpg

5203802567_11c068d5f7.jpg

And finally the Shuttle 33. Because Combi allows use of the adjustable headrest in measuring, she is allowed to go beyond the shell as long as there is 1" of headrest above the top of her head. Kecia did a great review on CarseatBlog. :) At any rate, she has about 4.5" of growth room left. Holy cow! Also, this was done with the removable comfort padding in, and I imagine it'd give her almost another 1/4" of room when removed.
5204402296_fdb11111e5.jpg

5203803009_f990740a08.jpg

I'm going to edit this post later with comparison pics of her in the CCO. Just need to bring it in from DH's car. Stay tuned.

ADS

MomToEliEm

We are still missing a few measurments in the spreadsheets for those seats. Do you think you might be able to submit some of your measurements so we can get the spreadsheet more up-to-date?

Here is some data I am seeing missing though you are free to check the other measurements to see if you get anything different

KeyFit 30 - missing crotch buckle length and internal seating depth

Combi Shuttle 33 - missing almost all measurements

If you wish, you can submit your data using this submission form:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE9jYXd4TEpTaEJsa1BrZTFPWEE0Rnc6MA

fyrfightermomma

This might work for us! His growth has really slowed down so I don't think he is much taller than he was when he outgrew the SS1 4 months ago. I want UPS to come now!

Thanks for the pics!

ETA: And ummmm poor Sophie in the Shuttle 33 picture. What a sad slow death......

Spam

The shuttle is pretty cool and I tried so hard to love it :( She is too cute! We had the same ss1 and kf30. I think the shuttle and cco are very close in total heightness, I measured both at about 21". I'm curious how J fits it too, and poor poor sophie, that made me laugh.

fyrfightermomma

The shuttle is pretty cool and I tried so hard to love it :( She is too cute! We had the same ss1 and kf30. I think the shuttle and cco are very close in total heightness, I measured both at about 21". I'm curious how J fits it too, and poor poor sophie, that made me laugh.

Yeah I have a feeling if I had other options, the Shuttle most likely would NOT be my first choice. It being the only option makes it a little easier to swallow and I will have to make myself like it (well if he fits. He very well might not! Good thing for free return shipping!)

It helps that I don't plan on removing it from the car much at all. Just in extreme weather. I don't even want to think about how heavy this thing will be!

And OP, your DD is too cute!!!

wvmommy007

Yeah I have a feeling if I had other options, the Shuttle most likely would NOT be my first choice. It being the only option makes it a little easier to swallow and I will have to make myself like it (well if he fits. He very well might not! Good thing for free return shipping!)

Can I ask where you ordered from? I would have to drive hours to see one in person, but I'm so tempted to order one to try it. :)

fyrfightermomma

Can I ask where you ordered from? I would have to drive hours to see one in person, but I'm so tempted to order one to try it. :)

Diapers.com. With a code (that I can't remember now) it was $103. I ordered from there because of the price and the free return shipping since I didn't know if he would fit.

I have no clue if the code is still good though. OP might remember the code since she gave it to me.

Aurezalia

Is the SS1 really only .5" taller than the KF? :confused: :eek:
And Scarlett is loooong for such a small girl! B still had an inch of growth room when I moved him out of the KF at 12 months!

LuvMyCharlie

I just Googled 'diapers.com promo codes' and found a 20% off code. Plus, it was my first time ordering from them. Mine ended up being $104 w/free 2-day shipping.

Yes, she is very long for her overall size. I like to grow stringbeans. ;)

wvmommy007

I just ordered one in violet from diapers.com. It was $104.12 with free shipping. It should be here Tuesday! :D

ETA: My code was code25 and it saved me 20%. It supposedly doesn't expire.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Here's my issue with the Combi. Here's Laine in your run of the mill Snugride. This was a month ago, and Laine was 29.5" with a 10.5" torso and was 19.5 pounds dressed.

5148027718_72710fa214.jpg

And here she is in the Shuttle 33.

5147426773_ce4f6c02e5.jpg

My little peanut was SO squished. I don't think she could get her arms into the seat at all. Yes, she had room above to grow, but no room out.

Wendy

wvmommy007

I hope it works out for Lily. She's so tiny though. I'll have to post pictures when it arrives.

And I love that elephant cover. :)

LuvMyCharlie

Am I crazy to think she has a lot more growing room than 2" in the KF and 2.5" in the SS1? :eek:

Both of the covers are really puffy. I had to compress each of them quite a bit when measuring. So no, not crazy, it's just one of those 'have to be here' things. LOL

Wendy, i agree it is a rather narrow seat. However, for my tall, skinny kids, I don't see it being a problem.

fyrfightermomma

Here's my issue with the Combi. Here's Laine in your run of the mill Snugride. This was a month ago, and Laine was 29.5" with a 10.5" torso and was 19.5 pounds dressed.

5148027718_72710fa214.jpg

And here she is in the Shuttle 33.

5147426773_ce4f6c02e5.jpg

My little peanut was SO squished. I don't think she could get her arms into the seat at all. Yes, she had room above to grow, but no room out.

Wendy

thats weird. J is 8 lbs heavier and 3 inches taller than her and very stocky and doesnt look like that. Its narrow but he isn't squished at all :confused:

I guess it goes to show that size really doesn't matter when it comes to seats. All kids fit so different! We are opposite. J looks fine in the Combi but would look ridiculous like Laine in the SR!

Last edited:

featherhead

I think she has more room than you think. I measured that my daughter had 2 inches left to grow in the Keyfit when her head was to the top of the Chicco logo.

Edit: here is my daughter with 2 inches to grow..
IMG_3596.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC