Cargo or True Fit for main seat?

NannyMom

Both would be "permanently"" installed in my car. But 1 would be for every day use, and the other for when she has a friend in the car (2nd row vs 3rd row if that makes a difference). The Cargo would also be put in SIL's car when she drives her (lately, less than once/ month).

So, which would you use as primary, and why? The Cargo does have EPS foam (my about-to-expire one didn't), but it seems thinner than that of the TFP.

ADS

NannyMom

Which one has a cuter cover? Which one does Sofi like better?

It's a toss up I think. Maybe.

TFP is currently Retro Rails. It looks like it should be green. But it's a tanish-gray IMO. Cargo is currently a gray. The Cargo also has an inch of graco pedic foam attached, but that will be cut off soon because it annoys me (it's like infant padding, stitched to the bight of the seat).

The Cargo is currently in primary use spot, because I needed it there today. TFP is currently naked, gently latched in the 3rd row. I'm about to go rearrange seats, and put in a SR32 too.

ETA: I forgot this.... The cargo can only be used by Sofi, not her friends (they are over 40Lbs). So if the TFP is 3rd row, they could fight over who sits where? If the Cargo is 3rd row, there will be no question.

babyherder

Steal your cranberry cover back from Learning Curve (that was the one they insisted they get back, right?). Otherwise, I'd let Sofi choose.

NannyMom

Steal your cranberry cover back from Learning Curve (that was the one they insisted they get back, right?). Otherwise, I'd let Sofi choose.

Yup, and I'm still kinda angry about it. Why insist on having my colorful cover, if you don't have any colorful options available? :whistle:

I do have a Misty Morning coming in the mail. And I have a Blue Aurora (peeling) that I may put on for winter.

Sofi can't choose. She's asleep.

NannyMom

The decideing factor was actually the tethers. With the Cargo 2nd row, I could see the 3rd row child loosening the Cargo's tether with their foot. I remember a family that had a child that liked to do that to her sibling's seat. I don't want to find out that Sofi was riding with a loose tether. The tether on the TF is different, and can't be loosened with a foot. So, TFP is the primary seat.

babyherder

Sounds good to me. And I really like the misty morning cover. Its not too colorful but it has some color and it looks sooooo soft.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC