Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe pics--rear-facing 2yo

scatterbunny

Albee Baby is FAST! They shipped on Monday and it arrived Wednesday (but I was out of town), and I'm all the way across the country!

The FPSVD is very, very nice. I really like it! It's for my friend's 26-month-old son. He's about 28-29 pounds, about 34 inches tall (totally guessing on height, but it sounds about right).

I played with it in my 1999 Ford Windstar and 1993 Ford F-150 (single cab) before my friend got here to pick it up. I installed it rear-facing and forward-facing in the Windstar, middle row passenger side captain's chair. I installed it rear-facing in the F-150, passenger side.

Rear-facing in Windstar (more upright than 45 degrees, for a 2yo):

4.jpg
3.jpg

Forward-facing in Windstar:

5.jpg
6.jpg

Rear-facing at 45 degree angle in Ford F-150:

7.jpg

Rear-facing in F-150 more upright for 2yo:

8.jpg

26 months old, 28-29 pounds, 34ish inches, rear-facing in Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe at a 45 degree angle in a 1991/1992 Ford Explorer two-door:

2.jpg
1.jpg

ADS

chelle80

TFS, the pics really help!!! Great pics. Hopefully my(oops, colton's) FPSVD will be here tuesday, i am so excited!!!

scatterbunny

He IS such a cutie, isn't he? :p And really long-torsoed too.

Colton will have loads of room in the FPSVD, if this long-torsoed 2yo has room. I think he'd have more room if I installed it more upright, too, but mom wants it at a 45 degree angle.

It was so simple to install. The recline mode on the base took me a minute to figure out, but you aren't doing it that often so a little frustration there is just that...little frustration, not a huge deal.

The little curved "feet" on the base seem like they could get cracked easily if you really put your weight on the seat in the wrong spot during installation. But the curved spot is perfect for a pool noodle for enhancing the recline for newborns.

In the Windstar, even with my middle row captain's chair pushed forward as far as it can go forward (to give 3rd row passengers more leg room) and the front passenger seat pushed pretty far back to give my 6'1" dh plenty of leg room there was plenty of room for the rear-facing FPSVD.

In the Explorer 2-door (is that model called the Sport?) there was plenty of room for the FPSVD, even when reclined to the full 45 degrees. It didn't touch the front seat. Mom is fairly short, but I could see it working fine even with a tall driver; the carseat would just be braced then, which is fine.

I do "need" a convertible right now; I'm watching this 2yo 2-3 times a week and may start watching a 4yo and 7yo, too. I am trying to decide if I want to get a Radian or a FPSVD. I really like this seat!

chelle80

Thanks for that info Jenny!! I am so excited to get it. I liked the scenera but i had install issues with it(i couldn't do it by myself). Someone offered to buy the FPSVD for me so we ordered the red/black one.

I really didn't "need" a convertable right now because colton still fits his SS1, but he outgrew his snugride so i didn't have an extra seat for him. So i figured that since albeebaby had them for $130 and that they are being discontinued, i better grab one up now.

And yes the 2 door explorers are called sport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC