Question Is this considered a headrest?

T4K

Just curious....

From a 2010 Altima...it doesn't look like it to me but is the center position considered having a headrest? This will be important during any potential 3-across or 2-across situations.

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Does that part come up? If so, yes (and it should being a 2010). If it's non adjustable, no, not at all.

Wendy

T4K

Does that part come up? If so, yes (and it should being a 2010). If it's non adjustable, no, not at all.

Wendy

No, don't think it comes up. How hard would it have been just to make it come out a little....come on Nissan! :thumbsdown:

T4K

Have you tried? It looks adjustable to me.

Wendy

Just tried...definitely not going anywhere. :mad: Oh well, looks like it's a car seat only position! I suppose I'm ok with that. I'm happy with the car in every other way since buying it about 3 months ago. It just irks me that we are in 2010 and they couldn't put a center headrest in.

babyherder

I think you should still be able to do a three across. Your kids are young enough to be rf or harnessed or high back boostered in a booster that doesn't require head support so the head rest isn't necessary.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, only Dorel boosters require head support--and even then, it doesn't need a headREST, per se, just support up to the child's eyes. So for a shorter kid, or a kid in another brand high-back booster, it should be fine.

T4K

I think you should still be able to do a three across. Your kids are young enough to be rf or harnessed or high back boostered in a booster that doesn't require head support so the head rest isn't necessary.

Yeah, I'm not TOO worried about it. The DSDs aren't in that car hardly ever...only summers, every other christmas, and every other spring break. I was just gee whizzing around today. We fly to see them monthly and rent vehicles. Luckily with how much we travel, we ALWAYS get upgraded to a Full-size car or SUV. So far, it's been the 2 of them in the back seat. The January visit will be the first with a potential 3-across. I'm hoping we get a Caddy as we did in Oct and Nov :thumbsup:. LOTS of room for 3 across in there!!

StPaulMom

We rented a '10 Altima this summer and while it was cloth interior, the back seat was the same design. I'm almost positive that the center head rest was adjustable but that you have to pull down the arm rest to access it. Worth a look?

T4K

We rented a '10 Altima this summer and while it was cloth interior, the back seat was the same design. I'm almost positive that the center head rest was adjustable but that you have to pull down the arm rest to access it. Worth a look?

I'll try and post pics...I did pull the arm rest down and the piece that looks like it would be adjustable is sewn in a permanent way to the leather panel next to it (on the left if looking directly at it). It is not sewn directly to the panel on the right because of the 60/40 split. I'll pull out the manual to ensure it doesn't say anything about it. As far as I could tell, there was no way to adjust it but would be thrilled if I was wrong. :)

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Not sure how reliable but from Edmunds.com

Safety & Security

* 4-wheel ABS
* Front and rear head airbags
* Dual front side-mounted airbags
* Child seat anchors
* Remote anti-theft alarm system
* Ventilated front disc / solid rear disc brakes
* Rear door child safety locks
* Engine immobilizer
* 2 front headrests
* 2 rear headrests

* Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation
* Rear center 3-point belt
* Front seatbelt pretensioners
* Stability control
* Traction control
* Electronic brakeforce distribution
* Emergency interior trunk release
* Front height adjustable headrests
* Rear integrated headrests

* Passenger head restraint whiplash protection system
* Driver head restraint whiplash protection system
* Tire pressure monitoring

T4K

Not sure how reliable but from Edmunds.com

Safety & Security

* 4-wheel ABS
* Front and rear head airbags
* Dual front side-mounted airbags
* Child seat anchors
* Remote anti-theft alarm system
* Ventilated front disc / solid rear disc brakes
* Rear door child safety locks
* Engine immobilizer
* 2 front headrests
* 2 rear headrests

* Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation
* Rear center 3-point belt
* Front seatbelt pretensioners
* Stability control
* Traction control
* Electronic brakeforce distribution
* Emergency interior trunk release
* Front height adjustable headrests
* Rear integrated headrests

* Passenger head restraint whiplash protection system
* Driver head restraint whiplash protection system
* Tire pressure monitoring

That seems right on. The 2 rear headrests it mentions are definitely integrated.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC