Waaaay OT - South Beach Diet

canadianmom2three

Just wondering if any of you have tried the southbeach diet, and what you thought. Friends of ours have been talking to us about it, and DH is keen to give it a go...

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I wasn't able to follow it, because of DD's allergies (dairy & soy--plus corn, but that's not an issue w/ the diet). It makes a lot of sense to me. Lots of veggies, few grains. It's closer to what we'd be eating "in the wild" which I think is always a good way to go.

lovinwaves

I have a couple of books on it, if you want them. I can mail them to you if you are willing to pay the mailing costs. The book are expensive new.

I like the diet, infact my aunt and uncle have lost tremendous weight on it. The thing that I found hard about it was how complicated some of the meals were to make. But I will say that the books are an incredible read. Even if you don't do the diet you will find great info in there about how your body processes sugar, and different foods. It really makes you think about what you put in your body and in what form.

bbartlettnfld

I'd say go for it! My Dh and I were on it for a little while very strict and we both lost almost 10lbs in the first two weeks..Those are the worst its very restrictive.. BUT it has changed the way I cook food! I still follow alot of the basic principals and it has changed the way we eat. I never followed the actual recipies but basically cooked what I wanted using the allowable foods, spices and basic pricipals because I hate using a cook book!
My dad started it first and he has gone one and off it many times and has lost maybe 50lbs in 9mos he was very strict on it.. But my dad takes it a step further and only consumes liquids 2 days a week!!!! Drives my mom nuts as he usually forgets to tell her this until his supper is on the table!!! My Dad loves it as he can cook alot of the foods himself (was never allowed in the kitchen growing up so never learned the basics of cooking)
Anyway definatly try it, it has had lasting effects for my family.
BethAnn

canadianmom2three

Thanks all, and thanks for the offer of the books, but acutally my inlaws have already lent us the main book and a cook book. I was sceptical at first, thinking it was a fad type diet, but upon reading more, it does seem very common sense, and beyond the first and most restricted part, seems like a great way to eat.

CAEKWILSON

My Dh And I Did That Diet For About A Month We Were On Stage 1 He Lost About 45 Pounds I Lost About 25, It Is A Great Diet If You Can Handle It, And Then We Went To Stage 2 Been On That For Awhile, Matained Our Weight Loss Now We Are Going Back To Stage 1 For A While Starting On Monday! Enjoy It~ It Is Not That Bad Of A Diet~

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC