Can someone read this and tell me if it sounds right? (Spanish)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Los “Boosters” Son Para Niños Grandes

La mayoría de los niños necesitan viajar en una silla “booster” desde la edad de 5 años hasta la edad de 10-12 años. Si su niño no está usando un booster, haga la simple prueba que aparece abajo. Usted pudiera darse cuenta que su niño aún no está listo para usar el cinturón de seguridad sin un booster.

La Prueba de 5 Pasos

1. ¿Se sienta el niño completamente contra el respaldo del asiento del carro?
2. ¿Se doblan cómodamente las rodillas del niño a la orilla del asiento del carro?
3. ¿Cruza el tirante de hombros entre el cuello y el brazo?
4. ¿Está el cinturón de cadera colocado lo más bajo posible, tocando la parte superior de las piernas?
5. ¿Puede mantenerse el niño sentado así durante todo el viaje?

ADS

icnee

The "Boosters" they Are For Large Children

The majority of the children they need to travel in a chair "booster" since the age of 5 years to the age of 10-12 years. If their boy is not using a booster, do the simple test that appears down. You could be given account that its boy not yet is ready to use the seat belt without a booster.

The Test of 5 Steps

1. Sits down the boy completely against the endorsement of the seat of the car? 2. Double conveniently the knees of the boy to the edge of the seat of the car? 3. It crosses the shoulder strap of shoulders between the neck and the arm? 4. It is the possible the lower thing placed hip belt, touching the upper part of the legs? 5. It can be maintained the seated boy thus during all the trip? __________________

I used this http://www.freetranslation.com/

karlatta

Well, I could tell what it said. My Spanish is very weak, though, and my car seat knowledge supplemented quite a bit of it. :)

Online translations (like what icnee posted) are going to appear weird, because they're literal. Hopefully a fluent Spanish speaker will come by and let you know how it sounds. It's been far too long since I used my Spanish for me to be able to know.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Dh is fluent and he says it sounds "pretty good". It doesn't sound like a native speaker wrote it, but he said someone would understand what it says. The translation that a pp did is an "awful word for word translation." not how a spanish speaker would read and understand it.

Eta: I didn't mean to make it sound like the pp is awful at translating! I know that it was just run through some kind of translation program.

mommy2env

Los Boosters Son Para Niños Grandes

La mayoría de los niños necesitan viajar en un Booster desde la edad de 5 años hasta la edad de 10-12 años. Si su niño no está usando un booster, haga la simple prueba que aparece abajo. Usted pudiera darse cuenta que su niño aún no está listo para usar el cinturón de seguridad sin un booster.

La Prueba de 5 Pasos

1. ¿Se sienta el niño completamente contra el respaldo del asiento del carro?
2. ¿Se doblan cómodamente las rodillas del niño a la orilla del asiento del carro?
3. ¿Cruza el cinturón de hombros entre el cuello y el brazo?
4. ¿Está el cinturón de cadera colocado lo más bajo posible, tocando la parte superior de las piernas?
5. ¿Puede mantenerse el niño sentado así durante todo el viaje?

I made a few changes, Spanish is my native language. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC