should I be worried about my radians?

aring7279

I have read some of the posts about issues people are having with their radians- should I be really worried about mine? I have 2 xtsl's that have been installed RF w/latch for about 4 months now. I tug on them all the time and they are always rock solid but I'm really nervous about them being loose now. Is it old radians that are having problems or newer? Should I re-install with seat belts just in case?

ADS

dawnp15

It's the newer SL seats that are having the latch issues. The latch plate is different on these seats than the regular non-SL seats. I also own 2 of these seats, but have always used the seatbelt to install mine. I personaly think that as long as you're checking your installs to make sure they are still tight and are not having any loosening they are fine. It seems some people are having these issues and others are not. Just like with any seat you always want to check often to make sure your install is still tight.

aring7279

Thank you. I spent a while debating about spending the money for these seats for my twins, paid to have them installed, and have been happy with them- just want my guys to be safe :)

KatieGrace

I've been wanting to get the Radian XTSL for Katie, and am scared to now after all the bad stuff I've been reading...we have a Britax Boulevard 70 that insurance just paid to replace our Marathon that was in an accident last week (I was t-boned, but Katie wasn't in the car) so I have some time before I have to worry about if I want to get a Radian or not, but I'd love to hear more feedback! I really want to RF her as long as possible!!

mommy-medic

My apologies- It was my understanding that seatchecks were done free and that it wasn't an installation service.

aring7279

:) Yes, it was Darren- those are actually my twinkies on the link you posted! I could not get the seat behind the drive installed upright enough to still drive. He worked his magic and we got it.

Actually it is common in large cities and major metropolitan areas (NYC, LA, Chicago etc). Judging by her location Id say she either had these guys do it, http://chicago.safetysquad.com/

or our very own Darren. ;) http://www.seatcheck.net/?page_id=4

HappyHoo

I am having this issue with my XTSL. The only thing I would say is to actually look at your strap versus trying to move the seat.

When mine comes loose, the seat still feels tight because of the rubber on the base against my leather seats and how it is braced. But when I look at the latch strap, it's visibly at least 1-2 inches loose.

aring7279

Thank you for the tip!

I am having this issue with my XTSL. The only thing I would say is to actually look at your strap versus trying to move the seat.

When mine comes loose, the seat still feels tight because of the rubber on the base against my leather seats and how it is braced. But when I look at the latch strap, it's visibly at least 1-2 inches loose.

ctbcleveland

There is no reason to panic if you have had them for four months and check them. I have an SL seat and I am having absolutely no issues with it.

fyrfightermomma

Like other said, as long as you check them by a quick shake each time or eye ball them to make sure the strap looks tight and they are fine and tight, they will be fine :) If they start to loosen, just switch to seatbelt until SK figures out a fix for it. I'd have no problem using them with LATCH if they were tight when I put the child in.

bigteamug

My radian doesn't have SL, and I've had issues with loosening as well. Seems different based on the description, though - I've followed the instructions to get an upright RF install, and had it slump and get loose after my little bean (27 lbs) sits in it a few times. I thought it was me, but I went to a seat check, had it installed, the tech got it super upright, which I loved, but it loosened in less than 2 weeks as well, with more belt movement than before.:scratcheshead:

I'll go back to the radian once I flip DD FF in the spring, but until then I will put her back RF in the Blvd.

I'm thinking that mine may be more seat compression/incompatability issues, but I'm following the SL thing just in case.

Baylor

All the issues of late have changed my mind about getting one. Not even the problems themselves but the way the company is handling them alarms me more..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC