I love my sister's pedi (car seat related)

kmcenery

My sister has a 4 year old and a 4 month old. Last check up with her 4 year old the pedi made sure he was still in a harnessed seat. She said that he is big enough weight wise and height wise to sit in a booster but why when harnessed is safer and said she wants the parents of the kids she treats to harness to atleast 5-6 years old. My sister knows this because I tell her all the time. Then at the baby's 4 month check up she noticed my sister has a few toys hanging off the handle of her chicco. I tell her all the time its not safe and they get removed if im the one putting him in the car or in my car they come off. Pedi asked the baby "I hope your mommy does not drive with those on your seat". Told my sister why which is the same thing I tell her and made sure she knows about erf and wants her to rf him as long as she can in the convertible seat she buys.

I asked my sister if her pedi is a tech she said yes and she does seat checks on the weekends for differant checks around the bay area. I live 2 hrs from my sister and she has Kaiser I have blue sheild so I will never have her as our pedi. Our pedi at age 2 wanted to make sure dd was in atleast a booster seat. I told him she was still rear facing and most likely will be in a year at our 3 year check up unless she out grows her seats before that. At her 3 year check up she was still rear facing.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If the toys are soft there's no harm in them being on the handle.

Glad to hear of a ped who is a tech who is awesome! Where is your sister living?

Wendy

kmcenery

If the toys are soft there's no harm in them being on the handle.

Glad to hear of a ped who is a tech who is awesome! Where is your sister living?

Wendy

She has 3-4 on there and 1-2 of them I think are hard and the others are soft. She lives in Napa CA.

icnee

I am happy to hear of a ped that is a tech. most hear are from the stone ages when it comes to car seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC