Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Saskatchewan CRST Course dates.

CRST Training for Saskatchewan:

Regina April 17 & 18 (training SGI staff)
    Saskatoon May 2 & 3
    Regina May 8 & 9
    Swift Current May 31 & June 1

This is the contact information:
    http://www.preventioninstitute.sk.ca/
    CHILD INJURY PREVENTION
    Child Injury Prevention Program Coordinator
    655-4077
    llocke@preventioninstitute.sk.ca

I'm hoping to have more details tomorrow.
    Last edited by JaRylan; 04-12-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: added contact info
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Saskatchewan CRST Course dates.

I went to the link you provided but they did not have any course info. Did you just get it from a phone call?

I have been googling for over two hours to find something here in Alberta and it is impossible. All I can get is that the course is run through St. John's Ambulance, it is 13 hours with a 2 - 4 hour seat check, it is a nationally recognized course and to check my provincial St. John's for more info.

Alberta St. John's does not even list this course as a possibility! Sooo frustrating! You'd think in a city as big as Calgary that I could get more info easily on this... enough of my rant, I'm going to bed!

I sent an e-mail asking specifically about the May 2/3 course. We'll see what I get back...
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

I spoke with the contact person and she said she received your email. The Saskatoon course is full but there is still room in the Regina one for May.

This is one of the numbers I found for Alberta (I had a moment so I called the first number and left a message, lol). I would imagine this is the same number you have.

Child Restraint
    Training Programs
    Child Restraint training is available
    through Alberta Transportation
    (780) 427-8901. Please contact Alberta
    Transportation or St. John
    Ambulance Alberta Council Provincial
    Office (780) 452-6565
    (www.stjohn.ab.ca) for more
    information.

So the guy from 780.427.8901 called back and gave me some other contact names for Alberta.

This is supposed to be the coordinator who sets up the courses.
    Beverly Lafortune, Edmonton
    780.452.6163 ext 223

Carol Berringer-Brown, Calgary

I hope this helps out.
    Last edited by JaRylan; 04-13-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: update after the phone call
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

I received an e-mail stating the Saskatoon class was full as well. She mentioned I could sign up for one of the other courses though. So, I just asked to be added to the May8/9th course in Regina.

Regina will still be easier than here (if I could find a course) because I can drop the boys at my mom's in Saskatoon and visit relatives in Regina while doing the course... and maybe you could join me for the May 8/9 course?!

Edited to add: Thanks so much for looking up that info for me. It was the same info I had found. I too just got voicemail but I hate leaving messages, so I was going to try back later. I think taking the course in Regina will be much easier. DH also has his car in a car show on the weekend I would need to go to Winnipeg for that course, so that would have caused some issues as well. (Sorry Jewels! - Come join us in Regina!)
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

I'll be taking the Regina May 8/9 one as well. It works out better for me costwise and also it will be a better date for my mom to come in to watch Rylan.

Well, okay. I guess I will survive here in Winnipeg