Lunch idea's for Us.. OT

MySillyKids

We are eating the same lunches over and over and over.

DH works from home 100% and I am a SAHM, so we are ALWAYS home.

We eat:

Grilled cheese (sometimes with tomatoe soup)
Normal sandwiches (lunch meat, cheese, lettuce)
Raumen
Salad
Bagle bites
Mini Pizza's
Mac n cheese

Does anyone have any other idea's for lunches?

Thanks! :D

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
My son's favorite lunch is Turkey roll ups
make a regular turkey sandwich but substitute any tortilla.
They have some awesome flavored ones- tomato basil, garlic, spinach etc.
and we also substitute cream cheese for mayo- Ian likes it better.
Tuna slald, egg salad,corn dogs,

lynsgirl

I just made a menu for breakfast/lunch/dinner and these are some of the lunch ideas I had written down:

Homemade tomato soup/grilled cheese (know you already mentioned this, but I have a super easy *and* yummy recipe for the soup)
Tuna or chicken casserole and raw veggies
Dinner leftovers
Quiche or frittata
Any other easy homemade soup (have a potato cheese one that is also quick/easy; also, vegetable soup is easy to make)
Hot sandwiches (i.e. a meat with a sauce/gravy over toast with veggies)
Baked potatoes with various toppings (cheese/sour cream/bacon/broccoli, etc)
Spinach & chicken salad (with fruit/nuts)
Sloppy Joes and raw veggies

I have more ideas and resources floating around, but those were a few on my pre-menu list. Pretty much every breakfast and lunch has fresh fruit and/or raw veggies attached it. I also have a kid-helper for each meal, which has worked surprisingly well in encouraging them to actually *eat* more of the aforementioned fresh produce :whistle: . I'll be watching this thread for other ideas, since I can always use them, too!

skipspin

Here are a few idea that DD and I like:

Mix wheat egg noodles with frozen veggies then put a little bit of Alfredo sauce on them. If you want meat leftover grilled or baked chicken tastes great.

We also get mini wheat bagels and put lunchmeat on them. It's a good change from regular bread. Tortillas are good too.

Fried rice. Leftover rice, leftover meat (if you want), frzen mixed veggies and one egg. Use about a tsp of EVO to fry the rice, veggies and meat with soy sauce (2 tbsp?), 1 tbsp sugar, and terriaki sauce. Take out and cook one scrabmled egg on both sides omlet style. Cut into thin strips, toss together and fry for 5 more minutes. DH even loves this one for dinner.

Then, there's DH's favorite for any meal: Pizza, hot dogs, or any other junk food. LOL. I try to limit all of the above.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
I try to cook enough dinner most nights that we have leftovers for lunch many days. That is getting harder with a teenager in the house though - he eats so much some nights that the "extra" I cooked does not get left over~
Renee

jennsmile

Look up laptop lunches. And Vegan lunch box. They look cool and have a fun twist on things.

We like nachos for lunch, but usually it looks like your menu.

Jenn

R&J'sMom

Here are some of the lunches I make for my 2 boys:

Quesadillas (cheddar cheese & lean ham or lean turkey)
Baked chicken breast nuggets w/ green beans
Light Alfredo sauce with bowtie pasta and broccoli
Home made "lunchables" with whole grain crackers, lean turkey, and cheese.
English muffin pizza (they "make" it and I bake it)
Progresso Wide Noodle Chicken Soup (most of the broth drained) w/ whole grain bread
Grilled lean ham (or turkey) & Cheese on whole grain bread w/ pears or applesauce

Last edited:

canadianmom2three

I am packing a lunch for my 2 big kids each day, and the little guy every other day and really find it a challenge as well, to keep it interesting. Some of their faves are:
-whole wheat tortilla spread with cream cheese (reg. or strawberry) and then rolled up like a swiss roll and either just cut in half, or into little rounds
-mini whole wheat bagels spread with plain cream cheese then sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese and closed back up
-they like the homemade lunchables too - whole wheat ritz crackers, I buy the bologna ring so it cuts into little rounds, and then they LOVE the little babybell cheeses with this
-they like the quesidillas too - even cold - whole wheat tortilla with shredded cheese, and sometimes I will put a layer of thin sliced ham in too, then broil for a minute or two and cut in triangles
-they like even cold mini-pizzas, we usually make extras when we have for dinner, everyone gets a little whole wheat crust and then there are all different toppings, so each kid can pick
-they have no nut allergies and their classes allow nuts, so they also like whole wheat bread, then you cut the crust off and roll flat, spread with pb, put a half banana at the end of each slice and roll up like a log. cut into rounds, this also works with cream cheese and we put strawberries instead of banana -just about 2 or three along one edge and roll up same as above
-they also like to take cut up veggies and dip with lunch meat roll ups and a babybell, or cheese cubes

HTH

JaRylan

I just made a menu for breakfast/lunch/dinner and these are some of the lunch ideas I had written down:

Homemade tomato soup/grilled cheese (know you already mentioned this, but I have a super easy *and* yummy recipe for the soup)
Tuna or chicken casserole and raw veggies
Dinner leftovers
Quiche or frittata
Any other easy homemade soup (have a potato cheese one that is also quick/easy; also, vegetable soup is easy to make)
Hot sandwiches (i.e. a meat with a sauce/gravy over toast with veggies)
Baked potatoes with various toppings (cheese/sour cream/bacon/broccoli, etc)
Spinach & chicken salad (with fruit/nuts)
Sloppy Joes and raw veggies

I have more ideas and resources floating around, but those were a few on my pre-menu list. Pretty much every breakfast and lunch has fresh fruit and/or raw veggies attached it. I also have a kid-helper for each meal, which has worked surprisingly well in encouraging them to actually *eat* more of the aforementioned fresh produce :whistle: . I'll be watching this thread for other ideas, since I can always use them, too!

I would love to see your home made soup recipes. My cousin has a homemade corn chowder that Rylan loves (but she keeps forgetting to give me the recipe).

Egg pizza. I googled it but didn't come up with how my mom does it, lol. All the recipes I found actually use a refrigerated crescent roll package, which also sounds interesting. The way my mom makes it (just so you know, I can cook too but all my favourites are from mom, lol) is basically an open faced omelet I think but a little bit crustier on the bottom.

Pita pockets stuffed with anything.

Pita pocket pizzas. Use the pita as the shell and put all the ingredients out buffet style (sauce, shrimp, pineapple, pepperoni, cheese, pretty much anything). Stick a toothpick flag in each pizza to keep whose is whose straight and put them in the oven. Mom used to to this whenever I had a sleepover.

We eat too much of the same stuff all the time as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC