My very brief ProBooster review (with pics)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
So, I'm officially in LOVE with the ProBooster. It fits beautifully in my 3rd row - better than the Start, even. It's also taller than the Start, has anyone else noticed? Not by a whole lot, but Fighter's about to outgrow the Start by height, but he's still got about an inch in the ProBooster.

So far I only have pics of Macha (10 years old) in the 3rd row, but I plan to get pics of Fighter (12) and the 11, 8, and 4yo who are currently living with us, and in the 2nd row.

IMG_3796.jpg

Look at the shoulder belt - no bunching! It's so perfect! :love:
IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

ADS

luckyclov

Oh, that just burns my booty to see those pics. I had an '08 5 that we traded in when I was pregnant with #3 - mostly because I haaaaaaaaaaaated the 3rd row seat belts (where my oldest would have been moved in his HBB - which, at the time, were an old style PW and Monterey). The other reason being lack of space...but it was mostly the seat belt issue.

Of course, the ProBooster didn't exist in July 2009 when we traded it in.

But it does happen to be what my oldest is riding in now, anyways.:rolleyes:

Grrrr.

But it looks fantastic back there - wow!

jujumum

Great pics!

The ProBooser seems to have good leg support, unlike the Vivo?

Does it have metal bars inside like the Vivo?

Defrost

The ProBooser seems to have good leg support, unlike the Vivo?

Does it have metal bars inside like the Vivo?

Yes, the leg support is much better than the Vivo. My dd is short/petite for her age, but her thighs are very long. Her knees are just a couple inches past the edge on the PB.

No, there's no steel-reinforcement in the PB. I was a bit disappointed by that at first, but it's SO much lighter this way, and I really don't think a booster needs that kind of reinforcement.

Splash

How tippy do you find it? That's been my main hesitation, because so many people said it was tippy.
The seatbelts in the third row of the 5 have been fixed, so I don't have the weirdness issue of previous generations, but Charlie will probably end up there someday, so nice to get something that fits!

luckyclov

How tippy do you find it? That's been my main hesitation, because so many people said it was tippy.
The seatbelts in the third row of the 5 have been fixed, so I don't have the weirdness issue of previous generations, but Charlie will probably end up there someday, so nice to get something that fits!

The PB is on a narrow raised base and it's light-ish and I think that impacts the potential for tipping issues. Ours can be tippy *if* my DS is being lazy...meaning, if I take a turn and he's just blah, then he'll tip his body, which will tip the booster. If he's alert and paying attention (working on his six pack, is what I tell him) and controlling his body, then there's no tipping issue. I think maturity and compliance of the booster rider plays a role. It does in our situation, atleast.

Splash

See, the main use I'm going to give a booster for the next year (at least) is with my dad in his truck. So I don't need my kid tipping over. And even though I know technically you're not "allowed" to lock the belt, I probably still would, but that might make tipping even worse.

luckyclov

FWIW, I played around in my neighborhood cul de sac with the SB locked and told DS to be floppy. It was still tippy. This was in the 3rd row, passenger side of a Grand Caravan.

Defrost

In our 2nd row seat, Fighter complained of it being tippy, but seeing as how he's near both the height and weight limit, that was probably part of it. It's not tippy at all in the 3rd row; the seat is more contoured and holds it in place better than the 2nd row.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
AFAIK no chains have it in-store at this point, it would be independent retailers that do (baby specialty stores, USA Baby, etc. You'd have to call around.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC