ISO: The perfect 3-across

sunnymw

This is going to be an ongoing thread.

I drive a 2000-2001 (not sure) Mercury Grand Marquis. Lap belt only in the center and 3 TTs. No lower LATCH.

By the time July rolls around I will probably be willing to turn DS1 FFing. DS1 will be 4.75 yo, DS2 will be 3 exactly.

IHA: 2 Radians (XT and XTSL), 1 EFTA, 1 GN
Would consider buying: KF30, ProSport, FN85, CCO (maybe), TFP (maybe)

Need 2 of those free at all times for spares for MIL's car or GMIL's (3, if I don't do the KF30)

For ease of buckling everyone it would be awesome to have the KF30 in the center. This is convenience alone. I know that DS2 will still be RF, probably in the Radian outboard. This means on the other side I'd want something with deep wings for DS1. He would be on the driver's side for leg room for DH. So...

Option 1: rfRN // KF30 // FN/PS
(I could use my red RF, and get the red KF and the red FN :whistle:)

Option 2: rfRN // FN/PS // KF30/CCO

Option 3: rfRN // ffRN // rfTFP

I haven't played will all my spares since we got the second Radian, but I DO know that I canNOT fit GN // rfRN // rf EFTA. The EFTA is so wide that it pushes the Radian slightly off center, making it bump against the huge side bolsters of the GN and while I can almost get a good install, there is overhang. NOW--I could have moved the EFTA closer to the door but I was tired. :)

Ok... pics.

62895_1609709123813_1268768475_31703744_1946837_n.jpg

58734_1608401011111_1268768475_31700793_2729640_n.jpg

img_0897.jpg

img_0896.jpg

img_0895.jpg

img1289085393432.jpg

img1289085416131.jpg

img1289085565626.jpg

If you guys would like any other pics that would help out, just LMK. I do NOT have a tape measure today but I can find one in the next few days I'm sure :)

Also if anyone is near me... (we go to Woodstock a lot... I don't mind driving to Tallahassee or Columbus or Savannah) and wants to let me try some combos, LMK!! I will come see you! I have a local baby store with the KF30 but they are really snobby and, well, just don't wanna deal with them :rolleyes: Otherwise I have no way to try any of the above listed seats.

Thank you!!!!! :D

ADS

sunnymw

Aw, snap. DS1 is going to have to be on the passenger side for school pick-up starting next August.

Splash

He doesn't HAVE to be anywhere. They can ask you to do it. They can whine about it. They can threaten to sue you or call in the national guard or tell your mom that you aren't really a vegetarian, but they can't MAKE you put him anywhere.

amyd

If DS1 can buckle/unbuckle himself, I'd put him in the middle. I don't see how hoisting a bucket over another seat would be at all convenient. For school drop off, he can unbuckle himself, crawl under DS2's RFing seat and out. I'd do RFing Radian passenger/FFing Radian center/KF.

jsta1005

I know this wasn't included in your list of seats you would be willing to buy... but seats like the MyRide and the older version Britax (not sure about the new) puzzle really well together. Then you could have all 3 kids RFing.

Or 2 RN with a CCO would be really really narrow and would totally fit, while keeping them all Rfing.

sunnymw

Amyd, unfortunately (or, well fortunately actually) he can only undo the chest clip. And he can't re-do anything.

melniemi

I would leave the radians rf'ing center and passenger, put ds1 in the passenger one and a if behind the driver :). You can flip him ffing whenever and leave him in the passenger seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC