Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Digital camera reccomendations??

I'd like it to be:
    Under $200
    able to take bumps
    take as crisp as possible pics (to be printed up to say the one one bigger than 8x10)

My last camera was a fairly expensive for what it was powershot something that I only had about a year before it died due to a blue screen of death "lens error" probably from being dropped by my kiddos.

At one point I was looking at the coolpix 70 or 90 perhaps as their zoom is internal just in case the kids got their hands on it but if it means a huge difference in picture quality I'll look at getting one with a lens that moves and then look for a cheapish camera for the kids lest they kill it again. ETA: I forgot that these are out of my budget... see how much I've been looking, oye!

Any reccomendations? Any black friday cameras actually a good deal/good cameras or are they just craptastic cameras on sale so they look like good deals...

Thanks!! I have spent far too many hours thinking about this!
    Last edited by 4boysmom; 11-20-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Digital camera reccomendations??

You don't want digital zoom (no lens coming out) only if you would like crisper pictures. Optical zoom gives you the better pictures. I'd honestly buy a good camera for yourself and then get a couple cheep kids cameras. DH and I each have a PowerShot SD series and love them as well as I have a PowerShot SX. I LOVE the SX but it is big and kind of bulky that's why I got and SD for my diaper bag. Once DS has an interest in our cameras we are going to get him his own kid's camera.

Re: Digital camera reccomendations??

the coolpix70 has some sort of internal glass refraction optical zoom. The specs state: "5x Wide-angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens lets you zoom in on all the action." BUt yeah still looking. I looked at some cameras at Costco today and of course the one I liked has like 3 stars at amazon 3 5's and 4 1's and then some inbetweens. Still pondering....
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09