2006 Odyssey EX

cdncasper

What can you tell me about the 2006 Odyssey EX? I am hoping to trade in my Civic for this van and would like to know the good and bad about it. It is an 8 seater, approx 90,000KM and priced at $17,500.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Too bad you aren't in Chicago- I'd sell you my 2006 EX-L with 80,000 km for around $18,000 here in a few months if I decide to buy something!

lovinwaves

Too bad you aren't in Chicago- I'd sell you my 2006 EX-L with 80,000 km for around $18,000 here in a few months if I decide to buy something!

Oooo whatcha thinking of getting?

I keep asking Dh if he wants me to downsize for gas mileage (we live out away from the city). He says no because he likes the safety of the Ody :( Ours is a 2005 EX-L with 50,000 miles and we were thinking $16-17K.

I have no idea what I would replace it with that I would be happy with and would get better gas mileage. I was looking at some used BMW 3 or 5 series, but dang, their gas isn't much better. The Ody really is the total package :love:

cdncasper

I actually have a year left in the lease of my Civic but the dealership is probably going to forgive the lease so I can get the van instead.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Oooo whatcha thinking of getting?

I keep asking Dh if he wants me to downsize for gas mileage (we live out away from the city). He says no because he likes the safety of the Ody :( Ours is a 2005 EX-L with 50,000 miles and we were thinking $16-17K.

I have no idea what I would replace it with that I would be happy with and would get better gas mileage. I was looking at some used BMW 3 or 5 series, but dang, their gas isn't much better. The Ody really is the total package :love:

I'm looking at the 2011 Highlander Hybrid. I'm waiting for the new NHTSA crash test results. If it doesn't do any better than the Camry, I will probably have to pass.

I actually have a year left in the lease of my Civic but the dealership is probably going to forgive the lease so I can get the van instead.

I really like my Odyssey. My only ongoing complaint is road noise. It's not an issue around town so much, but on long trips it can be annoying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC