Britax laptop

tl01

Is there any reason to buy a NIB laptop? I found a place locally that has one. Manufactured in march of 2002. I know it is expired.

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am with Wendy...I wouldn't put my child in it when I don't have a dire need for the seat. You have newer cars...what's the point in trying it out just because it was a cool seat. Know what I mean?

There isn't really that much need for a seat like that these days and I think a lot of people on this board get caught up in the "omg I love the laptop!!!" hype and forget that there are many other options that we KNOW are safe.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I had 2. One went to another tech. Still have one new with tags. Why? Dunno. Gotta have one though.

sunnymw

Here's what I'm wondering...

Why not just put a LATCH strap where the seatbelt strap is anyway? I mean obviously no one would USE it... as it would be best for lap-belt only positions... but it would then meet the criteria, right? Just make a little storage area on it somewhere or allow the seat belt to be threaded OVER where the LATCH strap is laying. I know it's wider than LATCH spacing... but so what? The straps will come in a hair. No biggie. Not that anyone will use it anyway, LOL. But that way we could get them for people like ME and EVERYONE I KNOW that still have lap-belt only positions.

Splash

I don't see any reason not to buy it or use it. Heck, the one I have was used, probably by a few people (all on this board, all techs), and I'm confident in it. I don't believe there is any risk with foam breakdown in it at this point.

skaterbabs

I had a catastrophic crash when I was pregnant with Joy. Both of the boys were in Laptops, the seats literally saved their lives. I :love::love::love: the Laptop.

That said, I would not use a crashed or expired one. And they are ALL expired now.

Evolily

I wonder what the EU expiration are on it? (I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't 10 years...)

I would only use it if I needed to- such as a lap only belt, no top tether option, child did not fit into available harness seats by height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC