Where to find expiration date on Chicco KeyFit?

MommyO

I have a friend who is expecting her first. During the course of a conversation about her baby showers etc, it came out that she is using a friends Chicco KeyFit infant carrier. I suspect that this seat will be ok since the baby who first used it is only 2 and she knows the family well so I'm assuming it wasn't in any accidents or anything, but can you tell me where to find the expiration date on a KeyFit? I'm assuming that there is a manufacturer sticker that has it printed somewhere, just hoping I can give a better idea where to find the expiration date.

TIA!

ADS

andre149

I can't remember where exactly the stickers are, so I'll let someone who currently has one chime in on that, but make sure she also knows that the harness has never been submerged in water. That's a big issue, especially with infant seats. Parents think they're doing the right thing to get the spit up, etc. off of it, but all it does is damage the integrity of the harness.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The expiration is on the bottom side of the seat, under the child's feet. It's on the sticker with the DOM and model name and number.

Wendy

aporthole

Did the sticker say when it was manufactured in? The next line after the manufacture date should say, “Do not use after XX” The KeyFit has a 6 year lifespan so the do not use after date will always be 6 years after the manufactured date.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi Cole, if you could register and then post a photo of the sticker, we may be able to help you. Even quicker would be to send the photo of the sticker to Chicco on their facebook page or call them directly. https://www.facebook.com/ChiccoUSA/

It is probably 6-years from the manufacture date, but it could be different depending on the model and when it was made.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC