Tallest, longest lasting bucket?

wvmommy007

So, I'm a terrible searcher. I'm just wondering what bucket is the tallest and lasts the longest. If there is a tie, please tell me your favorite. My pregnant cousin wants suggestions, and I might want a bucket for my DD for the Winter. Maybe. (Probably) :) Thanks!

ADS

wvmommy007

Are they the same height? What do you like better about the Snugride? I :love: the Lily pattern on it, but should probably go neutral. What are the expirations on the two?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
6 years on both. I like the lock off on the base. The OnBoard does have that, if you get the deluxe model. The OnBoard seams less padded, but that doesn't really matter.

Let's just say, if I had two installs to do, one being the SR and one being the OB, I would rather install the SR.

wvmommy007

How does the Evenflo Serenade compare to the height of those two? The harnesses on those intrigue me. And thanks for your quick replies. :)

ETA: Is SureLATCH a pain or a great invention?

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have not measured the Serenade in a long time. I think my info is on my car seat laptop, which is not with me right now. I don't think it is as tall though. Plus the handle still has to be down, with 1 1/2" of space between the handle and the rest of the car.

SureLatch can be a pain. Sure is in my Malibu. You have to have open latch in your car to make it work right.

Oh, and I am bored, so I am still up. DH just can to bed though, so won't be up for long!

wvmommy007

Ok, one last question, I think. What stores carry those seats? I want to try Lily in them before I decide if I really *need* one. I have Walmart and Kmart locally and can travel to Target and Toys R Us.

fyrfightermomma

I thought the Combi Shuttle 33 was the tallest by like an inch? Thats what people told me to look into after DS outgrew the SS1. That and the Onboard 35

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I will have to do it when I go to lunch. Sorry. Internet is not being nice at home.

swtgi1982

How does the Evenflo Serenade compare to the height of those two? The harnesses on those intrigue me. And thanks for your quick replies. :)

ETA: Is SureLATCH a pain or a great invention?

SURE Latch is a pain, I had it on a convertible and it was so bulky it cracked the seat

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, found the pics. These kids are just about 2 and 30 IIRC.

Image059.jpg

Image0641.jpg

wvmommy007

So, I know there are some VA people here. And I also see from Combi's site that Babies R Us in Roanoke carries their seats. Anyone know if they have the Shuttle 33 in stock on a regular basis? I know I could just call ahead before I make the almost 4 hour drive. And I will. I just like you people better and wanted to see if anyone knew. :) Thanks.

Spam

It's funny, when A attempted to sit in it was a no go. He was squished and head was way over the top of the shell. It just reminds me how large he is compared to the average two year old.

fyrfightermomma

I'm crazy. I just ordered a Shuttle 33. But I blame it on another member who PMd me with a great sale (you know who you are) :p

Good thing they have free return shipping!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC