Removing stains from car seat..

Baylor

SO I washed the pads on my son's GN.. But there is something on them that won't come off. Anybody have a fool proof cleaner? I hate stains..

Can I get replacement covers for it?

ADS

Chely7425

I personally would be inclined not to use any stain removing products on a carseat cover just because it is going to get dirty again and its a lot of effort! You can buy new covers though, I know a lot of us have multiple covers for seats.

Baylor

I personally would be inclined not to use any stain removing products on a carseat cover just because it is going to get dirty again and its a lot of effort! You can buy new covers though, I know a lot of us have multiple covers for seats.

I think it is from this soccer.. All the dirt those boys get into... UGH..

I guess I will order new covers... Hmmm I wonder if I can order ones I like better than the one I have???

keri1292

None of my seats look dirty or stained and my Fido MA cover was my 10yo dd's! I'm all for spraying them with Shout or using an Oxiclean paste to get out the stains. :thumbsup:

jujumum

I've done really well with covers with Tide and a toothbrush.

Replacement GN covers are hard to find on swap, but they are available on Gracobaby.com. I just bought the BRU Breakers cover (black & grey herringbone) from my GN from Savsmom and we :love: it.

Each piece is sold separately - $5 for the crotch strap; $6 for each harness cover :confused:; $10 for the head cover; $12 for the back cover; $15 for the seat base cover; and maybe $15 for the useless infant insert. Shipping is around $10. I think these are the prices, but they may be in a mixed order. We didn't get the harness covers or infant insert, and the total came to around $52 with shipping.

You can order online with the model number from the seat you'd like (model numbers are on the GN page), and just use the DOM of your own seat or make one up.:thumbsup:

Baylor

I've done really well with covers with Tide and a toothbrush.

Replacement GN covers are hard to find on swap, but they are available on Gracobaby.com. I just bought the BRU Breakers cover (black & grey herringbone) from my GN from Savsmom and we :love: it.

Each piece is sold separately - $5 for the crotch strap; $6 for each harness cover :confused:; $10 for the head cover; $12 for the back cover; $15 for the seat base cover; and maybe $15 for the useless infant insert. Shipping is around $10. I think these are the prices, but they may be in a mixed order. We didn't get the harness covers or infant insert, and the total came to around $52 with shipping.

You can order online with the model number from the seat you'd like (model numbers are on the GN page), and just use the DOM of your own seat or make one up.:thumbsup:

That is what I was playing with.. It drives me nuts.. I usually see a mess and clean it up but he is in the rear seat now and I just did not see how bad it was.. Then I figured I would wait til his last soccer game and now it won't come out! ARGH.
I guess I will just get new ones.. I wanted to match my other DS's cover anyway.. Then I will save the stained one for baseball and soccer season again!

tjham

I used Zout with a toothbrush and Oxyclean on a tan Radian that looked like it was a lost cause. It looks great now!

FLmom

I've always gotten stains out with oxiclean. Ordering a new cover and keeping that one as a spare is a good idea too though:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC