Vent I wish I had little babies

fyrfightermomma

But no. I birth 11 month olds.

Winter is coming and it's coming hard. I live in a state bordering Canada. It's cold. It's snowy. It's winter and I have two other kids to shlep around.

Evelyn was my only little baby. She fit in a bucket until 18 months old(well longer than that but we stopped using it then). We got TWO winters out of that seat (SS1). I loved being able to just throw a blanket over her head and go on my merry way

Sophia was born in March but made it to 12 months in the bucket. Enought that winter was pretty much done.

Joseph on the other hand outgrew the KF30 at 8 weeks. So I got a SS1 hoping to get through winter. He outgrew it 3 months ago *sigh*.

I hate wrangling him into his big ol snowsuit (it's fleece and carseat safe but huge) and hat and all that jazz and then lug the thrashing squirmy baby out to the car while he screams about the wind and my other two are slower than molasses.

I would LOVE to just throw him in an infant seat, throw a blanket or shower cap cover over him and call it a day. No I wouldn't lug it around because of his weight but those super crazy cold days (or umm if he falls asleep) it would be nice to have the option.

I saw another thread where they were considering an infant seat. Do it! Cause those of us who don't have the option with our 9 month olds are super envious :p

I highly doubt there is even one on the market he would fit in if he outgrew the SS1 already 3 months ago. *sigh*

ADS

christineka

I had the option. I have small babies. I can get along without the infant seat. I never bothered with the snowsuit. I layered. Then I made a fleece poncho. I don't know how to sew either. I also kept a big, fleece blanket in the car. I'd get baby out and wrap him/her in the blanket. I have never been the type to lug around an infant seat. I don't care if it's freezing. There are all different types of people and situations. Many people would rather lug around the infant seat and others would not. You have to figure out what type of person you are.

fyrfightermomma

Doesn't the Onboard 35 have a taller shell? :confused: Probably not tall enough though.

It is taller but I have no clue how much taller. I mean I could go try one, but I don't know. Is it worth it for my sanity? Or a waste of money? I'm thinking he'd have outgrown it though.

I'd give anything to be able to have him still nap on the go in the morning, but with a convertible he wakes as soon as you unbuckle him :(

cookie123

I'm an infant seat lover. I do admit though when I see people bumping their babies along in one, I feel kind of sorry for the baby. Still they're useful for winter, I think.

Cilia

I make tiny babies, but DD2 refused the bucket at 5 months after having ridden in a convertible for a month when we were on vacation.

Baylor

My littlest baby was my 2.5 yr old. He was 5lb 10 oz when he came home.. He has been my biggest fastest growing one so far!

cookie123

Hey fyrfighter - Do you have a photo of him in the outgrown Keyfit and Snugride? I'd like to see that.:) Maybe he'd fit in a Cocorro? That might be sort of portable. Maybe.

fyrfightermomma

Hey fyrfighter - Do you have a photo of him in the outgrown Keyfit and Snugride? I'd like to see that.:) Maybe he'd fit in a Cocorro? That might be sort of portable. Maybe.

Yep there were threads on here. I'll try to find them. And yeah, he's already outgrown the CCO. We got rid of it last month :rolleyes:

Shanora

Maybe the new Graco seat will hit the market soon and then you could have the portability....

fyrfightermomma

Oh, well, it was a thought. Maybe stop feeding him.:) Does he weigh too much or just is too tall?

LOL. He actually doesn't eat much. He only started solids a month ago. He has maybe 15 ounces formula during the day and two solid meals that aren't that big.

He isn't fat at all (other than his cheeks hehe). His height is perfect for his weight. He's just super tall. Not even on the charts tall. 32" and 25 lbs

Meg

I can only imagine how heavy your little guy would be to carry around in an infant seat. :eek: My 9 month old was 15lbs by 12 weeks old, so I ditched the infant seat right about then. It was too heavy to carry back and forth to the car several times a day and he seemed unhappy with being squished in there anyway. I made a car seat poncho for him a few weeks ago (so easy!) and it's so much better than trying to wrestle him into fleece coveralls. Maybe a poncho and a warm blanket would make things a little easier for you?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC