Dora Rides Safely in an On Board 35

swtgi1982

Just for those wondering how it would fit tiny babies, well here is DD Dora doll in it. Dora is 15in tall with a 5in torso.

IMG_0630.jpg

There is just a little bit to much slack in the harness for my liking but not bad at all. The bottom buckle is set for the small baby setting.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
She's a little old for that seat, don't you think?

:)

Just kidding, that's pretty cool, I always point out to people how low those slots are, but it's nice to see them in action.

swtgi1982

She's a little old for that seat, don't you think?

:)

Just kidding, that's pretty cool, I always point out to people how low those slots are, but it's nice to see them in action.

The slots are way below her shoulders for sure.

But to old I am not sure is she supposed to be three ish right?
My three and a half year old is just level with the top of the shell in there and way under weight limit at 24-27lb

HayleyCPST

She's been 3 for like 5 years. HA

I mean, if a real baby were in there, it would probably tighten enough right? Dora has like no bones or flesh.

It's still a great example for small babies!

swtgi1982

She's been 3 for like 5 years. HA

I mean, if a real baby were in there, it would probably tighten enough right? Dora has like no bones or flesh.

It's still a great example for small babies!

Most definitely it is just a little loose I can barely pinch and slack on the harness

mamakc

Dora has been 7 years old for 10 years. But with that torso size she could rear-face forever ;) How tall (or short, technically) are the bottom slots exactly?

andre149

Wow, it's amazing to see how low those slots are. And honestly, with a head that size, I'd keep her rf as long as possible ;)

Cute pattern on the seat btw

Tara

Yeah it's not about age people...it's about weight and height and the seat's limits :p

Totally LOL at the big head comment *snort*

But thank you OP for the great visual. That really does put it into perspective.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Hey, I convinced my mom to get the onboard air for my preemie nephew (born at 4lb 9oz, discharged at over 6.5! after 5 weeks in NICU). My brother loves it. I am pretty sure he has his mother's shorter torso, but haven't actually seen him yet to really see (only got pics, and got to see him when he was born because, well, we walked in and went right to where my brother was:whistle:). My brother had to move to the second slots to bring him home. He looks nice and snug in it, too:)

HayleyCPST

Hey, OP do you have any Bitty babies around or American girl dolls? Try one of those! Maybe they will fill out the harness. lol

swtgi1982

Sorry seat gone it was gifted after pictures taken. She is 28 wkd now And they hope she makes it at least 4 more wks but are doubtful hence the trying Dora I believe the bottom slots are 4ish inches

AmieRubyJonah

Lol, I would just like to know why Dora's parents let their 3yo travel all over the countryside with a monkey for adult supervision. :p

pandabearmomma07

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this swtgi1982. I want to get the OnBoard 35 for my new addition coming this spring who will be born 4 weeks early. It's very comforting to know that this seat fits tiny babies well. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this swtgi1982. I want to get the OnBoard 35 for my new addition coming this spring who will be born 4 weeks early. It's very comforting to know that this seat fits tiny babies well. :)
Another good option for teenies is the new Snugride 30... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/Snugride30Brownstone#
It's also a lot lighter to carry around and fits in more strollers, though it won't last quite as long, heightwise, as the Onboard, for sure :)

Kobain's Mommy

What do you think of putting an under 5lber in there? My BFF just found out yesterday her baby has been loosing weight so they are inducing her next Wedensday. They guessed he was 4lbs some odd oz. She said they told her how long they thought he'd be but she can't remember. Right now she's got a SR22.

swtgi1982

What do you think of putting an under 5lber in there? My BFF just found out yesterday her baby has been loosing weight so they are inducing her next Wedensday. They guessed he was 4lbs some odd oz. She said they told her how long they thought he'd be but she can't remember. Right now she's got a SR22.

The Air version is rated from 4lbs

Jennifer mom to my 7

HayleyCPST

Just curious...How do you know the baby will be a month early? Do you already have a scheduled c-section?

ETA: Jools, I saw your pics of the snugride 30. I like it. Do you have to thread the straps through the ribs for each harness position?

pandabearmomma07

Just curious...How do you know the baby will be a month early? Do you already have a scheduled c-section?

Yes, I have to have a scheduled c-section at 36 weeks due to previous emergency c-section that I had in 2006. They can't afford to let me go into any form of labor on my own since my risk for rupturing is very high.

I have had two children but my first daughter passed away shortly after birth. My second DD was born at 36 weeks by scheduled c-section as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC