New BLVD 70

2BunniesMommy

Here's ours! How does this install look? Is the angle good? I was thinking I wanted it a little more upright, but her head went forward when she slept. I know that is not a concern at her age as far as safety, but I don't like it. Also, it seems a lot harder to get her in and out of than her reg. MA was. I haven't figured out why...
6fvy29.jpg

mk7nzt.jpg

Oh and she also seems to have less leg room, was hoping for more...

ADS

love-pink

i know what you mean about seeming harder to buckle her in. i thought that too with the ma70. i dont know if its the sides or maybe the head rest?? it just seemed like alot of stuff in the way. but then again the mr has high sides and i dont feel like thats hard to get my dd buckled in at all. :confused:

fyrfightermomma

The sides are deeper I'm pretty sure. It's much harder to get Joseph into the RA55 vs the RA50 he has in DH's car. Must more maneuvering!

I installed one last night for my babysitter who was in a crash and got this to replace the crashed seat. I liked it. Very sturdy and the wings seemed better than the old ones.

2BunniesMommy

I have figured out that it seems to be a combo of deeper sides and that is it more compact, there isn't as much room for me between the seat and the door opening. Not sure it that makes sense. I hope I can get used to it, because I like the seat.

tl01

She's adorable. I hope you continue to like the seat. I can see it would be hard to get a child into this seat if you had a small door opening. Our mini-van doors are proving to be useful with getting DS2 in and out of this seat.

cpsaddict

It is more difficult to get DD into the seat, but then I use the harness adjuster and realize again how much I like this seat. I used to think the velcro on the cover and straps didn't line up, but then I realized the sides were so much deeper that the straps were still hanging into the seat, even when attached to the velcro. I have learned to deal with it and it's not to bad anymore. As for legroom, DD seems to have more, but she is more torso, than legs. She even has plenty of room in her older Marathon.

2BunniesMommy

We have a van, so pretty good door openings. Since this seat made a huge amount of space that was not there with the MA, we slide the captains chair forward, so now it is a bit easier. I am getting used to it and liking it more and more. DD2 seems to be loving her new seat.
DD1 can almost fit rearfacing in it. I would say by height she is just past the 1 inch shell point, probably has 1/2 shell and weight wise she has just barely hit 40lbs. She'll be 5 next month. So, I am really hoping this seat will get me to my 4 year goal for RFing DD2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC