My Roundabout 55 is here RA55 pics

brittany

Yippee!! It came early!

Ok so stats, i put my youngest in it. 3y 2mo His torso is 15.75 he is 44" tall and 36 lbs

IMG00150-20101117-1348.jpg

IMG00149-20101117-1347.jpg

IMG00148-20101117-1347.jpg

He has about 1.5 inches above his head lol

Last edited:
ADS

abigaylebelle

Cute kiddo! Is he really 44" tall at 3? If so that is remarkable that he can fit in a ra55 to begin with. Does he also fit ff or are his shoulders over the top slots?

brittany

Yes, 44"! His shoulders are over the top slots, so he couldn't FF in it. I took some comparison pics with the marathon. RF wont work at all in it, his head is even with the top of the seat, but he can FF fine in it!

IMG00167-20101117-1838.jpg

IMG00166-20101117-1838.jpg

tl01

Interesting that he still has shell height in the RA55 but not in the MA. I guess that is good news for people trying RF their children in the new Britax seats for a while. Does he fit the same way in the MA in the car?

brittany

Interesting that he still has shell height in the RA55 but not in the MA. I guess that is good news for people trying RF their children in the new Britax seats for a while. Does he fit the same way in the MA in the car?

Yes, well actually he has less room in the MA in the car.

Spam

Cute! I wonder why everyone says you'll have less room in the new vs the old. Thanks for the comp pics!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cute! I wonder why everyone says you'll have less room in the new vs the old. Thanks for the comp pics!

Just goes to show how little you can trust a measuring stick, I guess :eek:

I'm glad to see a huge, huge (wow, my dd is almost 5 and that tall, and she towers above her class of 4/5 year olds :))3 yo fit RF in this seat, though, maybe some of the shock and horror of the shell being an inch shorter than the old models will wear off once we see a few more kids in the seat :thumbsup:

brittany

yeah, i was prepared for him not to fit at all! Let me post the pictures of my (very large) almost 5 year old in it! Gimme a few to email them to myself and upload them

Chely7425

I am so glad to see this post :) I am getting an MA70 in an attempt to give my drivers seat more room and it looks like my kids might possibly have more room in it than I thought they would!

brittany

Ok here we go. He will be 5 in January. 46" tall 37lbs 16" torso

Shoulders, slumped

IMG00170-20101117-1840.jpg

Not reclined
IMG00154-20101117-1414.jpg

Head touches headrest of front seat lol, no headroom
IMG00152-20101117-1350.jpg

IMG00151-20101117-1350.jpg

brittany

Rachel, I was AMAZED at how little room it takes up front to back, my sister and I go everywhere together and we are both 5'10 and the seat is in it's normal spot for our height right now!

tl01

Rachel, I was AMAZED at how little room it takes up front to back, my sister and I go everywhere together and we are both 5'10 and the seat is in it's normal spot for our height right now!

That's what I am loving too. I'm almost 5'11" and DH is 6'2". We'll take any extra space we can get!

brittany

For reference both boys are on the 2nd slots of the Regent also. They are almost the same size and 20 mos apart

cpsaddict

I LOVE that seat! I love my MA70, but am kicking myself for getting the Allison cover. It shows everything. Anyway, my DD is in the 95th for height and has over 4" above her head in the MA70. I love, love, love the new Britax seats.

fyrfightermomma

Yep I never understood the "short" complaint about the seat. My 39" almost 4 year old who wears size 5 shirts fits with about 1/2" to spare RFing (but she's 40 lbs so it doesn't matter). She still has inches to go for FFing

My 5 1/2 year old who is 45" tall does not fit RFing but still has atleast 2 inches before outgrowing it forward facing.

Joey has tons of room and he is as big as a 2 year old. He's not outgrowing it any time soon (has outgrown the CCO already)

And yes I love it too! I have the same print and I love it everytime I look at it. The extra front to back space you get is amazing! I'm considering one for DH's car because the RA50 just doesn't fit and DH pushes the seat back and it pushes the carseat up really upright and J has some major headslump going on.

brittany

dooooo it...lol (you know you wanna!)

Im trying to sell the MA so i can order another seat, dunno what yet though....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC