Yay for my Brother-in-laws carseat installation

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Well, most of it anyway.

I was so nervous going out there and waiting to see how they had their younger two in their seats. The baby is in a snugride and the base is installed perfectly. They tighten the straps perfect and put blankets around him instead of bulky snowsuits!

The 3 in 1 they have is installed FF. He flipped her around a few weeks ago and it was in rock solid... only it was installed at a 45 degree angle FF because there was a level indicator on the side that said it should be.:rolleyes:

I explained how that was for RF only, showed him how to take his seat out of recline mode and watched him re-install it, FF, the correct way. I explained a little about extended RF, but didn't want to be too pushy... they did keep her RF to 18 months so that's something at least.

She's a little peanut though (24lbs), so I'd like to see them turn her back around. Oh, well, can't win all the battles at once. With the seat installed correctly, she is in the second to top harness slots (not including booster mode only), so she has a good 3 inches of torso growth.

However, the baby will get the 3 in 1 RF in a couple months and she will most likely go into a combo seat... probably the Bolero.

She also does not wear bulky jackets in the carseat and the harness is nice and snug! I'm so relieved and was excited to see proper car seat usage, considering the older two rode around in nothing... literally, cardboard box on the floor of the car.:eek: They are 17 and almost 15 now, and lucky to be alive!

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The 3 in 1 they have is installed FF. He flipped her around a few weeks ago and it was in rock solid... only it was installed at a 45 degree angle FF because there was a level indicator on the side that said it should be.:rolleyes:

I have seen people do this as well, and I mentioned it to them and they said "the tech we asked about it says that leveller has to be even with the ground" :rolleyes: It looks far to reclined like that! I know my Graco seat had to be in the up right position to be FF does the AO/AOE? sorry to highjack!

That's great they had good installs :thumbsup:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I have seen people do this as well, and I mentioned it to them and they said "the tech we asked about it says that leveller has to be even with the ground" :rolleyes: It looks far to reclined like that! I know my Graco seat had to be in the up right position to be FF does the AO/AOE? sorry to highjack!

That's great they had good installs :thumbsup:

I didn't look closely at the side but apparently there are two level indicators. On one side it is for FF and on the other side it is for RF. The 45 degree angle indicator on one of the sides is for RF, don't know what the FF indicator looks like... I didn't know about it until I got home and was talking to another friend.

As far as I know, it needs to be in the upright position for a FF install. He had a perfect 45 degree angle with the seat reclined and in the FF position. I don't think it would be possible to have a FF install with the seat reclined.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC