Made a Britax friend today

amy919

I've posted before about the nightmares I see at the girls' school. I actually got into it with the mom of an 8 month old in Tea's class that turned her son FF because he's 18 pounds and "that's close enough to 20". I was not very nice to her. She just pissed me off because she said she knew he was better RF and didn't argue that he's supposed to be 1 AND 20 pounds, but didn't seem to care. She said she was tired of struggling to get him in his seat RF. She was a lost cause, so I stuck a carseat safety booklet in her son's bin (yes, I keep some in my diaper bag - officially obsessed, maybe?) and left. She'll know it was from me anyway.

So I was pretty annoyed until I got to the parking lot. Parked next to me was a mid-sized SUV. Don't know what kind because I was too busy looking at her seats :whistle:. I had already buckled Tea in and was walking around to the other side of my car with Kaylie when the other car's owner came out of a restaurant with her two kids, one (looked about 8) in a Husky and one (looked about 2) RF in a RA. She actually stopped me and asked me if she could take a closer look at my MA. She's thinking about getting on to RF her little one longer. We talked for a while about how great the seats are, but it was SO nice to see someone else with Britax seats! So some people out there (other than us) really DO get it!

Amy

ADS

mominabigtruck

:thumbsup: That's great!! I almost made dh run off the road the other day when we were driving home from walmart and I saw a britax in someone's car. I got so excited and was pointing and he was like how can you tell from that far away?

all together ooky

I think my neighborhood must be unusual, but we have a lot of cars with Britax seats in them. All my friends have them (tee hee hee).
Maybe it's because they're easily available at Target and we have a Target in every town???

broken4u05

We have a lot of MA around here but i haven't seen a regent in a car. And never seen a child RF past 1 other than my guys. YAY for the new friend

kangato2roos

How lucky for you!

I've seen one other Britax in the town I live in. Just one. I was so excited to see it in the back of a car at the restaurant where I'm a manager, but I didn't get a good look at it... I just saw the Cowmoo print on the top of it as it was pulling away (and the drive-thru operator called me over with his standard "It's a cool carseat! Come see! Quick!"). I saw it again the other day, only this time I was soooo upset!

The woman had a baby in it... I'd guess about 10 months, but could have been a small 12 months, probably not even 20 pounds yet. The seat was forward facing with straps below the shoulders on the bottom slots and they were so loose the right strap was hanging at the baby's ELBOW. The chest clip was sitting on top of the crotch buckle and the HUGS were missing.

Why in the world would you spend so much money on a Britax and then not use it right? I was the only manager there, so I took a second and told her she needed to tighten the staps and put the HUGS back on for forward facing. That's all I could say, and I wasn't even supposed to say that... I'm not allowed to accost people for their carseat misuse at work. :p

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I always find it so funny when people are excited because they saw a Britax in someone's car. Where I live it is odd to see a non-Britax seat...seriously! Every car that I pass have one, two, or three Britax seats. Regents/Husky's aren't as common but I do see one every two weeks or so which is awesome!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC