Do you have the screws installed in your TurboBooster armrests?

amyd

Mommy090804 said:
I just called the Canadian number and they want to charge me $5 for shipping. I borrowed a TB, and want to return it with the screws in place.

Has anyone else called the Canadian #, and been charged $5 for shipping two screws? So much for doing someone a favour:whistle:

Nope, they sent me 8 of them for free a few months back. I called and explained that I am a tech and that almost every TB we see is missing the screws. They had no problem sending them to me. Perhaps this has changed since then, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Mommy090804

I just called the Canadian number and they want to charge me $5 for shipping. I borrowed a TB, and want to return it with the screws in place.

Has anyone else called the Canadian #, and been charged $5 for shipping two screws? So much for doing someone a favour:whistle:

Just an FYI update. I did receive the screws in the mail today. They were sent out even without proof of purchase, and I did not have to pay the $5 shipping. Thanks Elfe. :thumbsup: I will pass them on to the owner of the screwless TB, which I had just returned today.

robbertbobbert

Yup, mine are in.

The parents of the child the booster is for REFUSE to put the screws in on the three they own. When I bought mine at the same time as the child's older sister (my age) bought one, I reminded the mom that the screws need to go in. She said "oh no, they're optional." I pointed out in the manual where it said they need to go in and she still insists they're optional. Eventually she said she'd "do it later" and promptly lost the screws.

i don't understand how she can be so nonchalant with her child's safety! This is also the mom who put her 11 mo FF in a seat made in 1988 and used with her older child... the second child used it in 2004.

Next time I'm home and babysitting her I'm going to just put the screws in myself. I already ordered them.

Qarin

This thread needs bumping. If you have a Turbobooster, be sure to read the first post in this thread!

Reactions: Mae

emthecountrycat

I find this so interesting, I just bought our version of this booster called the Graco Logico (exactly the same just the European version) the screws were all ready in. I don't get why they don't screw them in before putting them in the box?

But maybe that's why yours cost $45 (USD) and mine just cost me $199 NZD/ ($154 USD), oh and mine came in a choice of grey, grey or grey!

Thats $$$!!!

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
GAH! The Canadian CS makes me angry! I called to get some screws and they require a serial number, model number, and DOM. Which I don't have since I don't have a booster. They wouldn't send me anything. If I DID have that information, they would send me 4 whole screws.

I asked if I could go to a store, write down the info off of one on the shelf, and then call back. They said yes. I asked for a way to get more than 4 screws...for that I would require more boosters. How could I get 50 sets I asked? Well, provide us with 50 serial numbers, model numbers and DOMs. Seriously?

They said they're a 'small company' and if they gave me 50 screws, they might not have any left for somebody else who calls. Again, seriously?

Does anybody have any advice? A better way to get a large number of screws? The SC rep kept saying that they come with the booster, and I kept explaining that if every parent throws them out, there's a problem, and there needs to be a better way to keep kids riding in safe seats. She just didn't get it. Now, will I really go and track down 50 different serial numbers? Not likely...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What I do is go on the website, grab the model number off of the site, make up a DOM, and then order the maximum number of screws (five, go figure). I do that two or three times, then I have screws enough for a while. I don't do it over the phone. To them, it's a huge shock that people don't use the screws, so they can't imagine just handing them out in large numbers.

Wendy

Pixelated

So I did go to the store and copy down 4 different turbo model #s and serial #s and DOMs. Called Graco, they said they'd send me 4 for each booster (therefore 16 screws). Today I received 7 screws. The shipping label said 8. So somebody can't count.

I called back, intending to repeat my order. I got a different CS rep so I thought I might get away with it, but no. They took down my phone number and pulled up my info. And asked me what I did with the previous 8 screws I'd just ordered. So I explained my situation (again) and said the previous CS rep told me to go to the store and copy down the info and then they'd send me the screws. But now, they require proof of purchase! By email or fax, in order to get the screws. How on earth would someone provide this if they bought a booster 3 years ago? They just were not getting that parents don't keep the screws, and didn't much care that kids would be riding around in screwless turbos while the parents maybe phoned, or might not. Useless.

I can't get the US web order to work with the model number and DOM listed in the first post of this thread, intending to ship to a US address. Has it been used too many times? Am I inept? Geez.

Really, how can this be fixed? Do Turbos still come with loose screws? Or are they installed now?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Backlesses come with the screws installed at Target, at least. But not high back or at BRU.

Wendy

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I can't get the US web order to work with the model number and DOM listed in the first post of this thread, intending to ship to a US address. Has it been used too many times? Am I inept? Geez.

Try Model # 8491QNY DOM 050706 Go to the Graco Website

www.gracobaby.com
choose Help Center
Order Replacement Parts
Choose armrest screws, you can get up to 5 per order.
Go thru and add your address, they will come right to you in a couple days. I have done this up to 4 times to get 20 screws. I got in separate packages but all 4 packs came within 2-3 days! Hope that helps :)

LittlePeanut

Am I to understand that these screws will cost me $1 EACH plus another $4.95 s&h per 5 screws? That's $2 PER SCREW that I will be handing out like candy at FREE roadside checks and clinics. That's INSANE. Has anyone in Canada had any recent success obtaining more than 4 screws for free or for a reasonable cost? No wonder people are willing to use any old screw from their tool box. Geez!

Pixelated

Am I to understand that these screws will cost me $1 EACH plus another $4.95 s&h per 5 screws? That's $2 PER SCREW that I will be handing out like candy at FREE roadside checks and clinics. That's INSANE. Has anyone in Canada had any recent success obtaining more than 4 screws for free or for a reasonable cost? No wonder people are willing to use any old screw from their tool box. Geez!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I haven't had much luck at all. I did get Graco to send me some, once, but then when I called back the next time with a different set of model numbers/DOMs and they asked me what I'd done with the last set they sent me (referencing my phone number I guess). They flipped out. Now they appear to require proof of purchase to send you screws, and they're not free. I asked repeatedly to speak to somebody with half a brain who could begin to comprehend why I as a tech might need screws. They could not understand why a parent wouldn't already have them in. It was like talking to a fence post. If you discover anything new or different please do report in.

LittlePeanut

*sigh* Thanks for the update. Sounds infuriating and I'm certainly not going to be out of pocket $4 per turbo that pulls up! I can't afford that and for them to limit the number you can buy (at $1 each) is stupid too. If I'm paying $4.95 shipping, I better damn well be able to order as many as bloody well want. Man I'm mad! I just posted on both the US and Canadian Graco facebook walls. We'll see what happens.

HaileysMommy

What the fudge...I was just about to order some screws! I dare say it but honestly Im sure some could be found at the hardware store *don't shoot me*. So is it better to use a screw from the hardware store than to let a booster leave without screws? "Leave safer than they arrived" seems to cover hardware screws IMO....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC